PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

mayhemmarshall is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

V1.7 flash installed successfully, but all my programs and contacts (basically all the data I want to have on my phone) is gone. What is the fastest or best way too restore this information? Sorry for the newb question, but this is my first android platform.

Last edited by mayhemmarshall; 07-15-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

campchi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemmarshall View Post
V1.7 flash installed successfully, but all my programs and contacts (basically all the data I want to have on my phone) is gone. What is the fastest or best way too restore this information? Sorry for the newb question, but this is my first android platform.
next time make a backup with titanium backup, which can be download thru the market place.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSquid View Post
Quick question: i got everything installed ok and it all seems to be working just fine. but is there any way to remove all of the facebook numbers from my phonebook? i have all the numbers of people i actually want to call. if all these facebook ones stay there i just KNOW ill call the wrong person "hi person i met at a party 5 years ago who was dating my ex roommate."

i already hid them in the people tab. but when i tap phone i have 3x as many numbers as i want.
I'm pretty sure there's setting within Facebook to sync phone numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
ok well i am done it worked :bowdown: god that was a pain in the ass for some reason it kept on taking me to a blue recovery screen instead of the green one. what is the blue one for?
Awesome. Did you have to start over with Stock ROM or just unlock Nand?
What does it say at the top of your Recovery screen? Sounds like Clockwork mod Recovery from ROM Manager. Functionally it's basically the same as amon RA Recovery (green one). I don't think it wipes Dalvik cache like amon. Go to the bottom of the menu in ROM Manager and there is an option to flash alternate recovery. That will give you amon Recovery back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Dowloaded 1.7 ver 2 yesterday and since then the phone has been running very hot...battery drain like crazy?? Could i possibly have a bad flash? I have dowloaded Sprint NFL, Sprint NAV, Live Scores, Gauge Battery, and XDA...any suggestions as I am always willing to listen and learn..EDIT..just looked at the battery status..been off the charger for 23m54s (battery is 85%) usage--Android system 50%, cell standby 24%, Display 14%, and phone idle 10%...thanks in advance

p.s. Exchange email set to every 10 mins, gmail normal...
Did you flash a ROM before 1.7? For comparison?
You've listed a bunch of battery drainers there. Are they all new since 1.7? If so that could be your issue. If all apps and settings are the same as the ROM before then something's not right since battery life *should* be the same or better on 1.7.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by campchi View Post
next time make a backup with titanium backup, which can be download thru the market place.
Like campchi said, you neded to backup before you flashed. Hopefully you synced contacts and calendar with gmail before you flashed. Some of your apps may show up in the downloads section of Market.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-15-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker

mayhemmarshall is a n00b

Well I just restored my v1.5 backup and everything is back to normal. I did do a backup with titanium, but when I ran "restore user apps" it installed all my old programs, but all the settings were back to stock, none of the icons were in the right place...and so on. Are there more restores that I need to run on titanium to get everything back to normal?

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by mayhemmarshall; 07-15-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Lurker

mayhemmarshall is a n00b

Duplicate post...
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Questions

Using OMJ Rom 1

Notice 3G symbol does not show in status bar when phone is idle but when I do something like connect to internet, etc. it shows...is this normal?

I have photos from my gallery assigned to my contacts. When I dial one of the contacts the picture shows up but when I receive a call from one of them only the big android shows...ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks

Jim
Old 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Re: Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Well I just restored my v1.5 backup and everything is back to normal. I did do a backup with titanium, but when I ran "restore user apps" it installed all my old programs, but all the settings were back to stock, none of the icons were in the right place...and so on. Are there more restores that I need to run on titanium to get everything back to normal?

You have to backup/restore apps + data to keep your settings.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

In addition to what biofall said, make sure [DESKTOP] HTC Sense 1.00 is getting backed up for your Sense settings-wallpaper, icon location etc. But if Sense gets restored before the app you may have to replace it after your Restore completes. Also reboot after the restore, that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Questions

Using OMJ Rom 1

Notice 3G symbol does not show in status bar when phone is idle but when I do something like connect to internet, etc. it shows...is this normal?

I have photos from my gallery assigned to my contacts. When I dial one of the contacts the picture shows up but when I receive a call from one of them only the big android shows...ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks

Jim
Yes, the 3G icon is not "lit" 100% of the time. Especially when "idle"

My contacts pics show on Incoming calls (just tested).
Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g

McSquid is a n00b

found it. it was the menu--> applications and sync menu. i had to delete my facebook account from my phone, turn off auto sync, add my facebook again, click autosync, and ,before it had a chance to sync it, uncheck sync contacts.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

V1.7 Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

if anyone would like to try Deodexed v1.7, here ya go....I'm no expert on deodexing, but from what I've read, you need a deodexed ROM for some themes, I think I've also read it will run faster, but it does take about 50 mb more space. I did not test very long, but didn't see any issues, so if you try it, please give feedback. Just do a nand backup incase you want to revert. When I flashed I did not wipe, had no issues.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development