PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

houseman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to houseman Send a message via Skype™ to houseman
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
yes agreed. but now since u tried to install the new pc36 rom file it will no longer read part 2 of the root. so u will have to start from step (version1) then do step 2 ! will be golden

dont forget to hit thanx !!!
lol.that's right,GOLDEN
Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo
Carrier: Sprint

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseman View Post
Are you full root with part 2?http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=root+part2 You must have this to run rom1....
yes i am full root
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
yes agreed. but now since u tried to install the new pc36 rom file it will no longer read part 2 of the root. so u will have to start from step (version1) then do step 2 ! will be golden

dont forget to hit thanx !!!
That not necessarily true. If someone has gone halfway through the root process then they *should* be able to pick the process back up at the middle and just run Part II the Nand unlock. After re-flashing the mtd-eng file the PC36IMG should be readable. knives of ice confirmed this, he was able to just run Toast Part II, he never went back to full stock (that MAY be the option for some)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
yes i am full root
So you are positive you are still Nand unlocked?
When you boot into bootloader when hboot version do you have?

.79 means you are NOT Nand unlocked .76.2 means you are.

Double check.
So what exactly happens when you boot into bootloader does it actually read the file (blue status bar along the right of the screen) or does it just say it's scanning for it and then just stops?
There are a number of different reasons this could be happening.
The file could be corrupt, the file could be named incorrectly, you may be connected to your PC with the card mounted as a disk drive and therefore the files are not readable.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

HBOOT 0.79.0000 is what it says, wtf why am i not full root? i was before.?!?!?! it starts to read the file i see the blue bar once the blue bar is gone it says Checking Pc36img then goes back to boot main menu
Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
HBOOT 0.79.0000 is what it says, it starts to read the file i see the blue bar once the blue bar is gone it says Checking Pc36img then goes back to boot main menu
Well then you are NOT "fully rooted". If your Nand were unlocked your hboot version would be .76.2
Not saying you never were but currently you are not.
You need to at least run Part II of the Toast root method.

Jump over to here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

Grab the files under Items You'll Need but skip the 1st PC36IMG file for now.
DL the rest and follow the steps from Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC.

If that does not work you may need to start ALL the way over like cuban4lf said.
If you do, flash back to Stock ROM and start over. This may be a bit of overkill but it should ensure you get a fresh start.
I'd try to just unlock your Nand first though.
Good luck.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-15-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Well then you are NOT "fully rooted". If your Nand were unlocked your hboot version would be .76.2
Not saying you never were but currently you are not.
You need to at least run Part II of the Toast root method.

Jump over to here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

Grab the files under Items You'll Need but skip the 1st PC36IMG file for now.
DL the rest and follow the steps from Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC.

If that does not work you may need to start ALL the way over like cuban4lf said.
If you do, flash back to Stock ROM and start over. This may be a bit of overkill but it should ensure you get a fresh start.
I'd try to just unlock your Nand first though.
Good luck.
thanks!! ill give it it a shot see what happens
Old 07-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Retired Staff

IF you need it here are the Stock ROM RUU's
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/

IF you decide to drop back to stock ROM use either the .1 or .6 RUU
If you are on OMJ 1.5 then either one should work.

Avoid the 1.47 RUU if you can. Also while back on .1 or .6 if you get prompted for the OTA dont accept it.
The latest OTA requires a different root process-for the first part anyway. After that it's still Toast Part II to unlock Nand. (also in Fast's thread I linked).

I'd be surprised if you HAD to drop back to Stock/unroot completely but like I said before, it would ensure a clean start.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

McSquid is a n00b

Quick question: i got everything installed ok and it all seems to be working just fine. but is there any way to remove all of the facebook numbers from my phonebook? i have all the numbers of people i actually want to call. if all these facebook ones stay there i just KNOW ill call the wrong person "hi person i met at a party 5 years ago who was dating my ex roommate."

i already hid them in the people tab. but when i tap phone i have 3x as many numbers as i want.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

ok well i am done it worked :bowdown: god that was a pain in the ass for some reason it kept on taking me to a blue recovery screen instead of the green one. what is the blue one for?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Dowloaded 1.7 ver 2 yesterday and since then the phone has been running very hot...battery drain like crazy?? Could i possibly have a bad flash? I have dowloaded Sprint NFL, Sprint NAV, Live Scores, Gauge Battery, and XDA...any suggestions as I am always willing to listen and learn..EDIT..just looked at the battery status..been off the charger for 23m54s (battery is 85%) usage--Android system 50%, cell standby 24%, Display 14%, and phone idle 10%...thanks in advance

p.s. Exchange email set to every 10 mins, gmail normal...

Last edited by tjmontan; 07-15-2010 at 06:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development