PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Search simple root...
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Search simple root...
I know what it is, and I have it downloaded on my computer, just making sure the old difficult way wouldn't work. Thanks though.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
No 4G works just fine forgot to update my sig after my last upgrade. My phone actually came with the new software out the box so I had to do the new Root Method
Well you still may not have the full OTA. If you did Simple root then you DEFINITELY dont as the process knocks you back to software 1.17 as I posted earlier. I forget what software the manual method leaves you with but it may knock you back as well.
EDIT:I was assuming you were starting from the latest OTA. If you've had your phone since before the last OTA then you definitely need the proper update. (1.7 ROM1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Ok so I just got my replacement brand new white evo today, I need to know how to root it with the newest OTA (It came updated). So the old root method that got stickied won't work?

I was going to wait and just get the Froyo upgrade soon, but it will probably prevent root. So someone please tell me what to do so I can't go back!
Same tutorial as before Bro, just follow from Step 5-root after OTA 1.47 or the 1.47 Simple root is another option.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
While you have the latest radio and wimax, you sig says 4G is 'broken'. If you didn't do whitslacks update from xda then you didn't get the FULL OTA update-its more than radio and wimax.
You should do 1.7 ROM1 then the version of your choice.
Oh and update your PRL you're one version behind

EDIT:Once updated correctly you could see faster 3G, wifi, 4G , better batt life and a grounded screen.

Can you post a link to "whitslacks update from xda" I'm trying to find it now but there are a lot of threads to look through. I want to make sure I go to the right one.. If I did Toasts Root I and II then the ROM v1.7 w/OTA would I still have to do "whitslacks update"?? I thought I had my phone running good up to v1.7 after the FULL Root, now I'm v1.9saphire w/netarchy Kernel and I'm getting crappy signal, bad 3g, I'm finding 4g in my bldg but it just goes into a cycle (Found, finding ip, disconnecting, found, finding ip, disconnecting, etc, etc...) that is why I wonder if I missed anything in root I and II. and whitslacks update will fix anything??

Any ideas? Is there anyway to find out if my radios are all good? Or if I have the correct updates installed?

My current Info is:

• Firmware version - 2.1-update1
  • Baseband version 2.05.00.06.10
  • Kernel version 2.6.29-netarchy-taostmod-3.7.5natas@64bit-evil#35
  • Build number 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release keys
  • Software number 1.47.651.1 OMJ v1.9
  • PRI Version 1.34_003
  • PRL Version 60668

Thanks..

Last edited by richarc93; 07-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Exclamation Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

K, used the simple root method, and flashed OMJ's ROM1 so that I could then flash to 1.8. The PC136 whatever file was read, then it went back to the white screen with the androids, and there was no "press power to install". I went to recovery, and it's stuck on the evo+! screen.. What should I do??

Edit:
Unplugged battery, installed wireless tether for root users, said I didn't have permission.. So I'm going to just try to root using the stickied old method. Stupid simple root didn't work.

Last edited by Biofall; 07-29-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Can you post a link to "whitslacks update from xda" I'm trying to find it now but there are a lot of threads to look through. I want to make sure I go to the right one.. If I did Toasts Root I and II then the ROM v1.7 w/OTA would I still have to do "whitslacks update"?? I thought I had my phone running good up to v1.7 after the FULL Root, now I'm v1.9saphire w/netarchy Kernel and I'm getting crappy signal, bad 3g, I'm finding 4g in my bldg but it just goes into a cycle (Found, finding ip, disconnecting, found, finding ip, disconnecting, etc, etc...) that is why I wonder if I missed anything in root I and II. and whitslacks update will fix anything??

Any ideas? Is there anyway to find out if my radios are all good? Or if I have the correct updates installed?

Thanks..
You dont need whitslacks. As far as the OTA is concerned it's the same as OMJ ROM1.
If your phone was fine before a mod like a custom kernel and things got wacky after that then it's most likely the culprit.
It's highly unlikely the theme is the cause as it's mainly just cosmetic mods.
Flash the stock kernel from netarchy's thread and see if that fixes it.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
K, used the simple root method, and flashed OMJ's ROM1 so that I could then flash to 1.8. The PC136 whatever file was read, then it went back to the white screen with the androids, and there was no "press power to install". I went to recovery, and it's stuck on the evo+! screen.. What should I do??

Edit:
Unplugged battery, installed wireless tether for root users, said I didn't have permission.. So I'm going to just try to root using the stickied old method. Stupid simple root didn't work.
Check your file sizes. Not sure about Simple root but OMJ's ROM1 is 162MB.
Incomplete downloads of OMJ and Simple root could explain your problems.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Check your file sizes. Not sure about Simple root but OMJ's ROM1 is 162MB.
Incomplete downloads of OMJ and Simple root could explain your problems.
I'm not rooted. Should I just go ahead and do the whole root process using the method stickied? I don't think it will conflict if I just start at the beginning.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
You dont need whitslacks. As far as the OTA is concerned it's the same as OMJ ROM1.
If your phone was fine before a mod like a custom kernel and things got wacky after that then it's most likely the culprit.
It's highly unlikely the theme is the cause as it's mainly just cosmetic mods.
Flash the stock kernel from netarchy's thread and see if that fixes it.

Thank you sir.. I'm going back to stock... and see if things get better..

any ideas on the 4g issue. I've looked through various threads and suppsoedly Miami doesn't have 4g yet. Could it be a GHOST 4g signal my phone is picking up?? It is Odd that it only works on a particular area of my building. Well, it doesn't really work, it's just "DISCOVERABLE" in one area of my building. wierd??

thanks again..
Old 07-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I'm not rooted. Should I just go ahead and do the whole root process using the method stickied? I don't think it will conflict if I just start at the beginning.
If you are on pure bone stock then yes. If you think you got partially rooted then you need to flash a stock RUU and get back to pure bone stock and then re-root.
As your issue is not OMJ ROM related you should prolly post up in Fast's thread if you need any more help. The guys in that thread are pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Thank you sir.. I'm going back to stock... and see if things get better..

any ideas on the 4g issue. I've looked through various threads and suppsoedly Miami doesn't have 4g yet. Could it be a GHOST 4g signal my phone is picking up?? It is Odd that it only works on a particular area of my building. Well, it doesn't really work, it's just "DISCOVERABLE" in one area of my building. wierd??

thanks again..
Well if it's not "officially" in your area then I personally wouldn't be surprised if the signal isnt strong or not working 100%. There has GOT to be some testing in the area as they prep the "official" release. I doubt they'd just flip the switch and be like "OK, enjoy!"

Here's another GUESS-if it's only happening in your office and no where else around town then it could just be something in your building triggering a false positive.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 08:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development