View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
No 4G works just fine forgot to update my sig after my last upgrade. My phone actually came with the new software out the box so I had to do the new Root Method
Well you still may not have the full OTA. If you did Simple root then you DEFINITELY dont as the process knocks you back to software 1.17 as I posted earlier. I forget what software the manual method leaves you with but it may knock you back as well.
EDIT:I was assuming you were starting from the latest OTA. If you've had your phone since before the last OTA then you definitely need the proper update. (1.7 ROM1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Ok so I just got my replacement brand new white evo today, I need to know how to root it with the newest OTA (It came updated). So the old root method that got stickied won't work?

I was going to wait and just get the Froyo upgrade soon, but it will probably prevent root. So someone please tell me what to do so I can't go back!
Same tutorial as before Bro, just follow from Step 5-root after OTA 1.47 or the 1.47 Simple root is another option.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 08:09 PM.