PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
Ok.. Starting all over.. Can get ROM1 to work.. It wont start to update automatically.. Please help?
You said "starting over" so you were on ROM1 and now the PC36IMG file wont run? It should. I just tested it and I'm on ROM1 and put the file back on my card and it's reading it now (I'll select No to the update question so it wont install)

When you put it back on there are you sure you named it correctly? Did you take off the old one?
EDIT: I see your post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i am running OMJ 1.5 with radio update right now, is it worth me updating to 1.7? i did some reading but i didn't understand what i would be gaining.

what do you guys recommend that i should do?
Whether you flash or not is your call. IMO I'd say do it.
You should notice better battery life, improved wifi and 3G speeds, the screen grounding issue has been resolved (you can now use your screen while it's flat on it's back), 4G works as this is the best way to ensure your radio and wimax get installed correctly
Happy flashing.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I am and it I see it reading the file and it says no image or something.. I need help bad.. I thought I was fully rooted.. I had fresh rom on here and tried to switch to this.. Issues every since..
mine says no image as well twice, but on the right side it continues reading the file and the bar continues to go up eventually after several minutes, it ask if you would like to update.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
mine says no image as well twice, but on the right side it continues reading the file and the bar continues to go up eventually after several minutes, it ask if you would like to update.
Thats just it.. I dont see the bar.. It just sits at the recovery menu.. No progress bar or nothing.. Really weird..
Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thats just it.. I dont see the bar.. It just sits at the recovery menu.. No progress bar or nothing.. Really weird..
OK, didnt want to step all over riley....
Back to my question-so you flashed ROM1, had issues and decided to start over. Right? And now the second stab at the PC36IMG file wont run?
Did you rename it after the first flash and then not rename it correctly for the second?
Are you plugged into the PC with your card mounted? (unplug or select Charge only)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
OK, didnt want to step all over riley....
Back to my question-so you flashed ROM1, had issues and decided to start over. Right? And now the second stab at the PC36IMG file wont run?
Did you rename it after the first flash and then not rename it correctly for the second?
Are you plugged into the PC with your card mounted? (unplug or select Charge only)
I read the directions and figured I needed rom2 and not rom1.. Flash that and couldnt add pics to my contacts.. Kept getting a google error.. So thats when I tried rom1 and it wont update.. Sure hope I didnt F' things up.. Do I just need to go back to rom2 or what?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

just playin around, lol

btw...cooking a deodexed ROM, if anyone wants to try it....tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: png qrcode.png (327 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 07-14-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
just playin around, lol

btw...cooking a deodexed ROM, if anyone wants to try it....tomorrow
Why yes, yes I do love the Evo.
You cookin? I'm eatin'!!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you will getting all the updates from the latest OTA update. Most roms are going to based off the latest OTA. I will tell you it's very safe now to update to the new Rooted OTA roms. I was a little nervous myself to be honest
thanks for the reply. so what is this flashing rom1? i am kind confused on how to install 1.7 w/ OTA update, like i know how i just dont to want to mess anything up. i read the OMJ instructions

"To flash ROM1, download PC36IMG.zip to your SD card. Power off phone, Hold down vol down + power. Once in bootloader it will scan & read PC36IMG.zip. When done, press vol up to apply the update, when done choose to reboot." -OMJ

is that all i need to do and i am fully installed?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I read the directions and figured I needed rom2 and not rom1.. Flash that and couldnt add pics to my contacts.. Kept getting a google error.. So thats when I tried rom1 and it wont update.. Sure hope I didnt F' things up.. Do I just need to go back to rom2 or what?
I'd flash ROM 1 to be safe, dunno how your old ROM was set up. You can flash ROM 2 again if you're positive your old ROM gave you ALL the updated files of the OTA or you ran the whitslack files.

If you want to continue with ROM1:
How did you put the PC36IMG file of ROM1 on your card?
What exactly did you name it? Look at it on your card. What does it say exactly?
You are getting that error because your file can be found/read. Back to my other question-are you connected to the PC via USB? If so, how? If your card is mounted the device wont be able to read your card.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
thanks for the reply. so what is this flashing rom1? i am kind confused on how to install 1.7 w/ OTA update, like i know how i just dont to want to mess anything up. i read the OMJ instructions

"To flash ROM1, download PC36IMG.zip to your SD card. Power off phone, Hold down vol down + power. Once in bootloader it will scan & read PC36IMG.zip. When done, press vol up to apply the update, when done choose to reboot." -OMJ

is that all i need to do and i am fully installed?
Yup, you got it. Read over my post above to make sure you have it setup correctly.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development