PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
hypothetical, intuitive, dumb, android noobish question here. If I have done whitslack method and since doing this I've been flashing roms like a maniac, would it hurt to do rom1 just to make sure nothing was changed. Like maybe a froyo build or jit enabled thang changed something? I guess Im just asking if it would hurt to just flash rom1? lol
Never hurts to flash, only not to wipe, THAT can be painful

If you've done whitslacks then ROM 1 is redundant but safe. Go head and flash.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

One issue I am having. Not sure if its been discussed or not.. But when I try to assign a picture to my contacts is says " The application People (process com.andriod.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Force close.. Any fix?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

Quote:
hypothetical, intuitive, dumb, android noobish question here. If I have done whitslack method and since doing this I've been flashing roms like a maniac, would it hurt to do rom1 just to make sure nothing was changed. Like maybe a froyo build or jit enabled thang changed something? I guess Im just asking if it would hurt to just flash rom1? lol

I concur....matter of fact I flashed whitslack 1st to test & also flashed my ROM1 to test
Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
One issue I am having. Not sure if its been discussed or not.. But when I try to assign a picture to my contacts is says " The application People (process com.andriod.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Force close.. Any fix?
just tested, was able to assign pic to contact np
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
just tested, was able to assign pic to contact np
Ok.. Starting all over.. Can get ROM1 to work.. It wont start to update automatically.. Please help?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I concur....matter of fact I flashed whitslack 1st to test & also flashed my ROM1 to test

sounds good guys. I actually prefer this method of rom1, kind of reminds me of the win mo days flashing now.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

i am running OMJ 1.5 with radio update right now, is it worth me updating to 1.7? i did some reading but i didn't understand what i would be gaining.

what do you guys recommend that i should do?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
Ok.. Starting all over.. Can get ROM1 to work.. It wont start to update automatically.. Please help?
Are you sure you completed the full root process? which would mean your nand unlocked. I am flashing rom1 as we speak its working. Before OMJ roms could be flashed with just part one of the root process but I think you need to fully rooted now. Secondly, when you enter bootloader, it takes a while for the device to read the file, then another good bit to flash it. Are you letting it go so it can read the file?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i am running OMJ 1.5 with radio update right now, is it worth me updating to 1.7? i did some reading but i didn't understand what i would be gaining.

what do you guys recommend that i should do?
you will getting all the updates from the latest OTA update. Most roms are going to based off the latest OTA. I will tell you it's very safe now to update to the new Rooted OTA roms. I was a little nervous myself to be honest
Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Are you sure you completed the full root process? which would mean your nand unlocked. I am flashing rom1 as we speak its working. Before OMJ roms could be flashed with just part one of the root process but I think you need to fully rooted now. Secondly, when you enter bootloader, it takes a while for the device to read the file, then another good bit to flash it. Are you letting it go so it can read the file?
I am and it I see it reading the file and it says no image or something.. I need help bad.. I thought I was fully rooted.. I had fresh rom on here and tried to switch to this.. Issues every since..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development