PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Something
Carrier: Sprint

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I use ROM manager, didn't run the wipe commands (forgot to cuz testing ROM mgr no computer update) and updated from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3 with no problems -- I know it updated because I have the new apps - didn't even have to run Titanium restore

Mule
For what it's worth, my results are the same as Mule's. I was able to update from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3 without a wipe and all is well. All my currently-installed apps survived, and so did my contacts and calendars. I too know that it was successful due to the new apps being installed after the update.

For me, the "Install ROM from SD Card" command in ROM Manager worked, but it did not reboot the phone for me. I had to power-off the phone via the Power button, then power-on the phone while holding the volume-down button, and then selecting "Recovery." After that, it switched to recovery mode and immediately proceeded to update the ROM from the SD card. All in all, it was a very smooth (and quick) update process: no reinstalling of apps or contacts/calendars. Excellent...
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
a wipe may not be necessary....from what I've read, some say to always wipe
haha... I'm so tempted to quote this in my siggy

BTW - New rom is working great. Wish I could say the same thing about Rom Manager.

I was trying to make a youtube video of every step from downgrading to rooting to flashing a new rom. For some reason I was unable to downgrade directly from your 1.2 version. I had to manually install the original rooted_supersonic, then I was able to do the downgrade process.

I went to;
Supersonic_1.32.651.6 --> Supersonic_1.32.651.1 -->Root
Then Rom Manager would not allow me to install from the SD card.
I ended up having to install your latest rom manually (the old way).
Once I was in your current rom, I was able to use Rom Manager to install the latest radio from the SDcard, but all your apps disappeared. I went back into Rom Manager and was able to reinstall your rom from the SDcard.

All that trial/error took about 5hrs.

I'm trying to find a completely fool proof method to add to my tutorial, but I seem to keep hitting road blocks
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
For me, the "Install ROM from SD Card" command in ROM Manager worked, but it did not reboot the phone for me. I had to power-off the phone via the Power button, then power-on the phone while holding the volume-down button, and then selecting "Recovery." After that, it switched to recovery mode and immediately proceeded to update the ROM from the SD card.
I was on the stock rom. I rooted and installed Rom Manager. I selected "Install rom from sd card" and choose OMJ's 1.3. It did not reboot. I powered down, selected recovery, but then I had to select "apply sdcard:update.zip" because it would go into the recovery screen.
From there is just sat at the menu waiting for me to make a selection.
I tried loading his rom from sd card in that menu, and it would finish in about 5secs w/ no error message. Just back to the menu.

I ended up installing his rom manually the old way, then rom manager "Install ROM from SD Card" command seemed to work fine. I loaded a new radio, and I reflashed his rom. Both times the program rebooted and did everything on it's own.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
For what it's worth, my results are the same as Mule's. I was able to update from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3 without a wipe and all is well. All my currently-installed apps survived, and so did my contacts and calendars. I too know that it was successful due to the new apps being installed after the update.

For me, the "Install ROM from SD Card" command in ROM Manager worked, but it did not reboot the phone for me.
I used the latest Rom Manager..installed from SD card and it did reboot for me. I was pretty much guessing (nOOb here w/Android). used Volume up/down to load from SD card, then back a screen after files were loaded and rebooted. Everything that had been on my phone previously was there!

I hate to say it..but being a flash junkie and having Rom Manager (and this great ROM) may lead me to a Phone Flash Rehab Center "hello, my name is VegasDen and I am a flashaholic"

Old 06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Confirmed Root Manager worked without issue. Installed new ROM 1.3 reloaded all apps, email, contacts everything.

Droidrox39
Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

What is the netflix app? Is this just one of those queue managers?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Yes you can just remove it ROM app folder if you don't want it.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Yes you can just remove it ROM app folder if you don't want it.
Yeah, I know that. I'm just really curious about what it does. I think iPhone has a streaming app now, and I know there's one in development for android. Just wondering if it does streaming, or if it's just a queue manager.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Am I missing something here?
This is not the first time I've seen someone ask what QueueMan is.
The program is called QueueMan.

Is it really that hard to figure out because they dropped the "ager" from QueueManager?
Here's a useful link --> http://tinyurl.com/2c65lpt

And before anyone asks, the app called Search People, is in fact to "search" for people on your phone and has nothing to do w/ AMBER Alerts or missing people in general?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Am I missing something here?
This is not the first time I've seen someone ask what QueueMan is.
The program is called QueueMan.

Is it really that hard to figure out because they dropped the "ager" from QueueManager?
Here's a useful link --> http://tinyurl.com/2c65lpt

And before anyone asks, the app called Search People, is in fact to "search" for people on your phone and has nothing to do w/ AMBER Alerts or missing people in general?
Well, in OMJs change log he says added NetFlix NOT QueueMan. I haven't had a chance to update to the latest ROM yet, so I had no idea the actual name of the app is QueueMan.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development