View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
For me, the "Install ROM from SD Card" command in ROM Manager worked, but it did not reboot the phone for me. I had to power-off the phone via the Power button, then power-on the phone while holding the volume-down button, and then selecting "Recovery." After that, it switched to recovery mode and immediately proceeded to update the ROM from the SD card.
I was on the stock rom. I rooted and installed Rom Manager. I selected "Install rom from sd card" and choose OMJ's 1.3. It did not reboot. I powered down, selected recovery, but then I had to select "apply sdcard:update.zip" because it would go into the recovery screen.
From there is just sat at the menu waiting for me to make a selection.
I tried loading his rom from sd card in that menu, and it would finish in about 5secs w/ no error message. Just back to the menu.

I ended up installing his rom manually the old way, then rom manager "Install ROM from SD Card" command seemed to work fine. I loaded a new radio, and I reflashed his rom. Both times the program rebooted and did everything on it's own.