seebeexee
N00b

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I use ROM manager, didn't run the wipe commands (forgot to cuz testing ROM mgr no computer update) and updated from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3 with no problems -- I know it updated because I have the new apps - didn't even have to run Titanium restore

Mule
For what it's worth, my results are the same as Mule's. I was able to update from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3 without a wipe and all is well. All my currently-installed apps survived, and so did my contacts and calendars. I too know that it was successful due to the new apps being installed after the update.

For me, the "Install ROM from SD Card" command in ROM Manager worked, but it did not reboot the phone for me. I had to power-off the phone via the Power button, then power-on the phone while holding the volume-down button, and then selecting "Recovery." After that, it switched to recovery mode and immediately proceeded to update the ROM from the SD card. All in all, it was a very smooth (and quick) update process: no reinstalling of apps or contacts/calendars. Excellent...