PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

09busa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

OMJ,

thanks for the update. I installed ROM 1 with no problem and then installed ROM 2 also with no problem and got all my apps re-installed with no problem. Will be able to check 4G tomorrow when I goto the 4G area just to south. Looking forward to you working your magic on 2.2. Can not wait for that.....
Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

So does rom 1 have the radio and wimax updates built into it then? I have never upgraded my radios.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
so does rom 1 have the radio and wimax updates built into it then? I have never upgraded my radios.
'ahem':
Quote:
Originally Posted by omj View Post
updated rom should be ready tonight. There will actually be 2 versions. Those that followed winmonewbies advice to fix 4g did the right thing (good job bro!). The file/fix that whitslack posted is just a modified version of the official 1.47.651.1 rom. When i compare his file(s) w/ the official rom, they are almost identical, except for hboot & recovery, which whitslack states in his thread. I think the problem with v1.6 was that there is more than just the radio & wimax that gets updated if you updated w/ the official ota update. It updates hboot, boot, recovery, system, userdata, microprocessor, radio, and wimax, so we were not getting the full updated files. This was not learned until the official ruu was released, which was after v1.6.

So here's the breakdown of the 2 roms:

1st rom: Has all the ota updates, because of this, it will need to be flashed differently. You will have to flash from bootloader, just like if you followed whitslack's guide or similar to rooting, by placing pc36img.zip on the root of sd, power off, hold down vol down while pressing power. Only downside is the apps that i have added are installed to system/app & cannot be uninstalled. Rom will not be available via rom manager.

2nd rom: This rom will be a regular update.....if you have already flashed whitslack's starting over rom/fix, you already have all the needed updates, so you will update/flash normally. Rom will be also available via rom manager.

1st rom is uploading now....
Quote:
rom1
omj evo 2.1 eclair v1.7 w/ ota updates

rom2
omj evo 2.1 eclair v1.7

download

faq:

Q: Which rom should i flash?
A: If you are on v1.5 or previous, flash rom1. If you are on v1.6 and have not gone through the "starting over" steps to fix 4g, flash rom1. If you are on v1.6 and have followed the "starting over" process, flash rom2

to flash rom1, download pc36img.zip to your sd card. Power off phone, hold down vol down + power. Once in bootloader it will scan & read pc36img.zip. When done, press vol up to apply the update, when done choose to reboot.

Rom2 uses the normal flashing procedure.

-added quickboot
-fixed the force closing on wifi tether (thx to chris1683)
-no longer need to type su in adb

you can also download from your handset via ftp using andftp (free on market).

Server - up.ppcgeeks.com
user - anonymous
pass- anonymous (blank)
Quote:
attached

if you are running a 1.47.651.1 rom, you really should have the updated radio....i would recommend anyone that has not already done so, to flash all the ota updates, aka rom1
Quote:
i'll explain this one more time....

example 1: You are currently on v1.5 or below......flash rom1

example 2: You are currently on v1.6(r) and did not flash whitslacks update/fix......flash rom1.....even if you flashed the new radio & wimax, you still want rom1, why us ask? I'll explain again.....there is more to update than just the radio & wimax, if u flashed whitslacks update/fix, you would have all these updates.

example 3: You are currently on v1.6 and did flash whitslacks update/fix......flash rom2

just to be clear, whitslacks update/fix actually has the stock unrooted rom included, so if u flashed it & stayed on it, you are not running my rom. If u flashed it, then flashed v1.6, you are good to go.i
Old 07-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

lurkmonkey is a n00b

4G working here. WiFi signal stronger (more bars, unscientific). WiFi DL speed slower (was pulling 14M, now caps @~6M) ROM 1 update from V1.5. Everything went smooth.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

battery is outstanding....unplugged over 11hrs ago, still @ 80%
Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09busa View Post
OMJ,

thanks for the update. I installed ROM 1 with no problem and then installed ROM 2 also with no problem and got all my apps re-installed with no problem. Will be able to check 4G tomorrow when I goto the 4G area just to south. Looking forward to you working your magic on 2.2. Can not wait for that.....
Is it necessary to install rom 2 you install rom 1? About to do this for the first time and didn't see that anywhere in the directions.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

hello got a question how i can change my recovery im running clockrecovery but i dont really like it and also what a bout if im running a diferent room than OMJ wich version ill need flash
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
Is it necessary to install rom 2 you install rom 1? About to do this for the first time and didn't see that anywhere in the directions.
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
hello got a question how i can change my recovery im running clockrecovery but i dont really like it and also what a bout if im running a diferent room than OMJ wich version ill need flash
depends on what rom your coming from....but just to be safe, flash ROM1, and you'll bee good.....you'll also be back on Toast's recovery
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
battery is outstanding....unplugged over 11hrs ago, still @ 80%
Big whoop. If I let my phone sit on my desk unused I get great batt life too.

That's awesome Bro! Any mods like Setcpu?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Big whoop. If I let my phone sit on my desk unused I get great batt life too.

That's awesome Bro! Any mods like Setcpu?
lol, well I admit, I'm not a heavy user but I do have gmail push, exchange push & 1 pop3 account checking every 30 min....some light surfing, and also had 4g on for 20mins or so crossin my fingers, lol.

no mods, same ROM I have posted
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development