PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Success

Old 07-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
Ok so sorry if this is a stupid question but now I am confused. I flashed 1.6 not 1.6r on your last ROM. I then downloaded the radio and wimax updates and flashed them. However my 4g is working perfectly.

So does this mean I need to install ROM1? or ROM2? or does it not matter since my 4G is working.
I'm sure you figured out by now that you need ROM 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan304 View Post
I followed the instructions on how to root after the OTA update and got OMJ's 1.6r flashed to my phone and so far it's working perfectly. The only issue I'm encountering is conflicting messages on whether or not I'm rooted. I was able to flash the rom and all the programs that require root access (Wifi tether and Titanium Backup) are running fine. However, when I attempt to use adb shell to access my phone I am getting a $ prompt instead of the rooted #. Did I miss a step?
You are rooted, all you need to do is type su at the $ and it will switch to #.....OR you can flash 1.7 ROM 1 and that wont be an issue anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie and OMJ

Thanks much...used SimpleRoot (original version) then loaded ROM 1 and all seems good

Will I be able to update through ROM Manager when OMJ does an updated ROM ?

Thanks Again

Jim
You're welcome but remember, I had NOTHING to do with the creation of the ROM. ALL the credit goes to OMJ. I'm happy I can help out.
Yes, if OMJ chooses to do so, then future updates will be available via ROM Manager. Unless there is another OTA and he has to use the PC36IMG format again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios3323 View Post
if you are not able to load any files at all try formatting the SD Card, I believe is gotta be fat32 and do not use the quick format. GL
Yes, fat32 is correct though it sounds like the flash back to pure stock may be the way to go....or not. See Knives post below.

@TRE-awesome!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-14-2010 at 05:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Well after a whole lot of wiping and reflashing, I finally got it to work with all of the settings and apps backed up. I am now officially a master off titanium backup, so if anyone needs help ask. it turns out it was conflicting with the new ROM.. But anyway it all works now great job OMJ. No more grounding issue!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I cant upload my files I used for some reason or another...but they are Toasts step 1 and Toast unlock Nand

So I ran the Stock RUU to get back to stock and then downloaded the files from Toast and followed Fast RX8s tutorial to re root and unlock Nand.

I had to use the files from Toast because the ones I would get from Fasts thread werent working right. So get them from Toast and dont worry about renaming them.

Place the PC36IMG for step 1 of rooting on your sd card and reboot into bootloader. let it do its thing (should work after going back to stock) and follow the instructions from Fast.

Next do the Section 2 Via PC from Fasts thread and use the files from Toasts thread. (Remove or rename each PC36IMG after each use)

After that place OMJ 1.4 or something on your SD card and boot into recovery and flash from zip (Dont forget to wipe). Reboot (if it keeps booting into recovery, reboot with the phone plugged into the computer) then place the PC36IMG.zip (aka OMJ 1.7) on your sd card and reboot into bootloader.

Last edited by TREmp77; 07-14-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I'm sure you figured out by now that you need ROM 1.

I hadn't so thanks for the answer. One last question. If I put the ROM1 on my phone, will a Nandroid Restore mess up stuff afterwards?
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

FINALLY....after doing the nand unlock i can finally load the file. i think OMJ should probably perhaps note that you need to be fully unlocked for this file. in the past you didn't have to be.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
I hadn't so thanks for the answer. One last question. If I put the ROM1 on my phone, will a Nandroid Restore mess up stuff afterwards?
Most definitely. The Nand restore is a COPY of the ROM you created it on. NEVER flash a new ROM and restore your Nand as a means to restore your settings and data. You'll just wind up back where you were before the flash.
There are many options for backing up data and settings. I'm partial to Titanium Backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
FINALLY....after doing the nand unlock i can finally load the file. i think OMJ should probably perhaps note that you need to be fully unlocked for this file. in the past you didn't have to be.
Yes good idea. Remember ROM 1 is not a typical ROM update. It is a way to get ALL the OTA files and still maintain root. Also ever since root become "full" root it was not REQUIRED to flash a ROM, just a good idea.
So you just unlocked Nand like I said? You didnt have to go back to bone dry Stock ROM?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I am having the same problem as knives of ice on my wifes evo...i understand what to do now go back and do the root steps all over again.

Question is do I go all the way back to stock first or just do the root steps over again?
sometimes it's best to "just start from scratch"......personally I'd go back to stock 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie and OMJ

Thanks much...used SimpleRoot (original version) then loaded ROM 1 and all seems good

Will I be able to update through ROM Manager when OMJ does an updated ROM ?

Thanks Again

Jim
yes, I will continue to add new ROMs to ROM manager....that reminds me, I need to add 1.7 to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
well, i still haven't been able to flash and i'm about ready to throw this phone across the room.

trying to do a full root and i keep running into the same problems as before because it won't load any PC36IMG file, as in the ones you need to do a full root of the phone. trying to use the 3 click method and keep having the same problem as OMJ's file (yes i deleted his file off of my sd card.)

any ideas or suggestions from anyone? this is really frustrating.

basically, it just won't load or see correctly the PC36IMG file. it tries to load it but it appears like it doesn't see it correctly for some reason. i have the same problem even loading the file on a blank card
try going back to stock 1st...and I'm talking about the original sprint rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Well after a whole lot of wiping and reflashing, I finally got it to work with all of the settings and apps backed up. I am now officially a master off titanium backup, so if anyone needs help ask. it turns out it was conflicting with the new ROM.. But anyway it all works now great job OMJ. No more grounding issue!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

cool, we need a titanium guru....sometimes it's confusing whihc one to use to backup whatever you're trying to backup
Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
mirrors....

ROM1: DOWNLOAD

ROM2: DOWNLOAD
Been on this for a few days.
Hands down 1.7 is the best Rom so far. I would like appstosd working but I'm not complaining.

4G and wifi are noticeably better with the new radio as well and I had no issues with installing ROM version 1.
I was rooted via Toasts 1 and 2 methods prior to this..

OMJ you Rock and your roms are rock solid, reliable and dependable. Looking forward to your rock solid Froyo release after Sprint gets it right or before??
Have to thank again winmonewbie for all the help in answering and resolving all the stupid questions and dilemmas I’ve had while you were on vaca.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
Been on this for a few days.
Hands down 1.7 is the best Rom so far. I would like appstosd working but I'm not complaining.

4G and wifi are noticeably better with the new radio as well and I had no issues with installing ROM version 1.
I was rooted via Toasts 1 and 2 methods prior to this..

OMJ you Rock and your roms are rock solid, reliable and dependable. Looking forward to your rock solid Froyo release after Sprint gets it right or before??
Have to thank again winmonewbie for all the help in answering and resolving all the stupid questions and dilemmas I’ve had while you were on vaca.

glad ya like it....I'm looking fwd to froyo too, as soon as it's released....though I'm hoping for a leak

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development