View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:02 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
Ok so sorry if this is a stupid question but now I am confused. I flashed 1.6 not 1.6r on your last ROM. I then downloaded the radio and wimax updates and flashed them. However my 4g is working perfectly.

So does this mean I need to install ROM1? or ROM2? or does it not matter since my 4G is working.
I'm sure you figured out by now that you need ROM 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan304 View Post
I followed the instructions on how to root after the OTA update and got OMJ's 1.6r flashed to my phone and so far it's working perfectly. The only issue I'm encountering is conflicting messages on whether or not I'm rooted. I was able to flash the rom and all the programs that require root access (Wifi tether and Titanium Backup) are running fine. However, when I attempt to use adb shell to access my phone I am getting a $ prompt instead of the rooted #. Did I miss a step?
You are rooted, all you need to do is type su at the $ and it will switch to #.....OR you can flash 1.7 ROM 1 and that wont be an issue anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie and OMJ

Thanks much...used SimpleRoot (original version) then loaded ROM 1 and all seems good

Will I be able to update through ROM Manager when OMJ does an updated ROM ?

Thanks Again

Jim
You're welcome but remember, I had NOTHING to do with the creation of the ROM. ALL the credit goes to OMJ. I'm happy I can help out.
Yes, if OMJ chooses to do so, then future updates will be available via ROM Manager. Unless there is another OTA and he has to use the PC36IMG format again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios3323 View Post
if you are not able to load any files at all try formatting the SD Card, I believe is gotta be fat32 and do not use the quick format. GL
Yes, fat32 is correct though it sounds like the flash back to pure stock may be the way to go....or not. See Knives post below.

@TRE-awesome!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-14-2010 at 05:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.