PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

09busa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

if I do a NAND backup and then do a wipe and install the 1.7d version and this do not work out can I just restore the NANd backup and be back at the working 1.7 rom1 & 2?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
So.... winmonewbie when are you finally gonna do a name change ?? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
We should start a poll with possible names.
You Dudes are funny. I'll keep full creative control over my name thank you but PM me an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09busa View Post
if I do a NAND backup and then do a wipe and install the 1.7d version and this do not work out can I just restore the NANd backup and be back at the working 1.7 rom1 & 2?
Yes, that's the point of the Nand. fwiw I couldn't get the current version to load. OMJ said he was going to work on another version and possibly upload today.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am having some screen issues ever since I flashed 1.7 ROM 1. I have confirmed the issue is on all 4 Evos on my account too (all are running the same ROM)...

In a nutshell, if I am looking at my text messages inbox, and I tap one of the messages, the screen will register that I tapped somewhere else and randomly open up a different text message.

It doesn't do it all the time, but it is often enough that I really have to pay close attention to which message is actually opening when I tap one of them.

The one that opens is usually nowhere near the one that I tap. I'll tap on the top message on the list (which is at the top of my screen), and the bottom message on the list (which is at the bottom of my screen) will open.

You could easily send a message to the wrong person if you aren't paying close attention...
Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
So.... winmonewbie when are you finally gonna do a name change ?? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
We should start a poll with possible names.
there seems to be a "DarkLord" theme lately... Besides myself, there is now a "TheRealDarkLord" (a/k/a flyers) lurking around. so i'm thinking something along the lines of "darklordpartduex" would be a good name for winmonewbie.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Hey so whats up with the new deoxed rom ?

Im still in v1.6 and idk which one to upgrade to?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Installed 1.7 last night after getting my replacement EVO from Sprint. Luckily it had 1.39 installed on it so rooting it was a breeze. 1.7 is great and I'm getting great coverage on it. 3G is great, wifi is good, and 4G is better than I've ever had with the EVO. I was getting on average a 3 mbps down stream before on full strength. Now I'm getting upper 5s low 6s. Great great ROM man.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I am having some screen issues ever since I flashed 1.7 ROM 1. I have confirmed the issue is on all 4 Evos on my account too (all are running the same ROM)...

In a nutshell, if I am looking at my text messages inbox, and I tap one of the messages, the screen will register that I tapped somewhere else and randomly open up a different text message.

It doesn't do it all the time, but it is often enough that I really have to pay close attention to which message is actually opening when I tap one of them.

The one that opens is usually nowhere near the one that I tap. I'll tap on the top message on the list (which is at the top of my screen), and the bottom message on the list (which is at the bottom of my screen) will open.

You could easily send a message to the wrong person if you aren't paying close attention...
I believe the screen issue is post OTA and across ROMs. I saw it (minor) on 1.6. Dunno of a fix atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
there seems to be a "DarkLord" theme lately... Besides myself, there is now a "TheRealDarkLord" (a/k/a flyers) lurking around. so i'm thinking something along the lines of "darklordpartduex" would be a good name for winmonewbie.
I saw your video with flyers, I don't want there to be ANY mistaken identity so I go out on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Hey so whats up with the new deoxed rom ?

Im still in v1.6 and idk which one to upgrade to?
First step is ROM 1 of 1.7 so get the proper OTA updates. Look at my posts on the deodex'd ROM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have to say this is the only ROM out or 4 or 5 that I loaded that footprints works. Funny on the TP2 people wanted footprints now no one cares. Thanks OMJ

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I saw your video with flyers, I don't want there to be ANY mistaken identity so I go out on my own.
in all fairness, that was an actor portraying me and all events pertaining to that video were fictitous and not officially DL approved. i have an attorney working on copywrite infringement.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

at this moment im running sprint lovers rom, with new radio wimax also ota, 4G is working, wich rom is better for me? also winmonewbe you can change to greenmonewbe, since android logo is green ha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development