PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MX51 is keeping up the good workMX51 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to MX51
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

That is helpful, thanks mayne!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
My phone won't pick up my car's bluetooth at all. Never had this problem with my previous 2 other hTC's.

You would think my Evo would pair my Evo without any issues
I had my evo paired before i flashed omjs version 2 just wonderin if theres somethin in the rom thats preventing the phone to pair.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
I had my evo paired before i flashed omjs version 2 just wonderin if theres somethin in the rom thats preventing the phone to pair.
I've paired my phone w/ every flash and haven't had any issues.
Did you wipe your data/cache before installing the new rom?

like OMJ says
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
a wipe may not be necessary....from what I've read, some say to always wipe
Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

So, I have been flashing back and forth between roms, so I have been wiping each time. Sense allows you to save your custom scene, but after a wipe and flash, the custom scene I save is gone. Where does this get saved? I assume not on the SD card since it gets wiped out. Any way to back this up and restore after wiping data?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Flashed OMJ a couple of days ago...i've noticed it mentioned that wipe(s) between ROM flash may not be necessary...is it just for the "same" ROM...or flashing to other chefs' ROMs as well?

ON ROM manager...I had isses with it on my initial root and recovery process. But I've had no issues with the auto recovery as soon as I was on OMJ's.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
So, I have been flashing back and forth between roms, so I have been wiping each time. Sense allows you to save your custom scene, but after a wipe and flash, the custom scene I save is gone. Where does this get saved? I assume not on the SD card since it gets wiped out. Any way to back this up and restore after wiping data?
Titanium Backup has a setting

[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00

I backed that up.
Then I removed my calendar widget and restored my backup. Sense restarted and my calendar was back. Killer. It should work for the whole theme but I haven't tested it from a fresh flash.

EDIT: TEST2-I changed themes then ran my backup and it put everything back

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-14-2010 at 03:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Flashed OMJ a couple of days ago...i've noticed it mentioned that wipe(s) between ROM flash may not be necessary...is it just for the "same" ROM...or flashing to other chefs' ROMs as well?

ON ROM manager...I had isses with it on my initial root and recovery process. But I've had no issues with the auto recovery as soon as I was on OMJ's.
ROM Manager seems to work best with custom ROMs. It's been causing headaches for those who try to use it on stock ROM immediately post root. works great custom ROM to custom ROM .

It'll never hurt to wipe ( ) The smaller the change from one ROM version to the other the less important the wipe is but things could still go wrong. I wipe but that's just how I roll.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Agree with WinMo, I always wipe between flashes. Maybe it's necessary, maybe not, but I back up my apps and I would rather be safe than sorry. That's just my 2 cents
Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thnx for the reaffirmation. Coming from WinMo...going from one ROM to the next...eventually one will have to flash dance. I've heard that its not "NECESSARY" to wipe...I got excited and apprehensive at the same time. Its all good...I'll probably wipe both JUST in case...hate to leave marks

The ROM manager is working pretty good now...the backup feature worked on the second go around...probably test and see HOW much of this ROM got backed up. Love having the ability to flash ROMs without a computer hassle free (no digging into the files to change names and such) relative to WinMo.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

Can you stealth usb tether with this omj rom?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development