PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Total Android Newbie, so please bear with me. 1st. Is there a way for me to go from OMJ 1.3 to OMJ 1.4 without losing all my settings or being able to recover my settings (email, apps etc)? 2nd, Does the Android Markeplace remember my purchases so that after the new ROM is installed, I can get my apps back without having to repurchase them?

Thanks in advance,

Tp
Old 06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sjporzio is a n00b

is anyone else having a problem downloading the new version of the ROM. Mine gets to between 95-99% and then stalls out. I tried downloading it with MS explorer and with chrome. No success either way.

Update: I just tried downloading it again and now it is asking me for a ftp username and password to log in. I tried my ppcgeeks login and password and no luck.

Last edited by sjporzio; 06-19-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Total Android Newbie, so please bear with me. 1st. Is there a way for me to go from OMJ 1.3 to OMJ 1.4 without losing all my settings or being able to recover my settings (email, apps etc)? 2nd, Does the Android Markeplace remember my purchases so that after the new ROM is installed, I can get my apps back without having to repurchase them?

Thanks in advance,

Tp
You can techncially just ROM Jump from one to the other but everything I've read says you should wipe data first to reduce the chance of you having issues.
Look at Titanium Backup in OMJ's ROM it has a ton of options for backing up your settings including your Sense UI options.
Apps you PAID for are remembered by the Market, free ones are not but you can use TiBackup to back up all your apps.
EDIT:Free apps *may* be remembered by the Market, not sure about the criteria, it may have to do with how recently you downloaded the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjporzio View Post
is anyone else having a problem downloading the new version of the ROM. Mine gets to between 95-99% and then stalls out. I tried downloading it with MS explorer and with chrome. No success either way.

Update: I just tried downloading it again and now it is asking me for a ftp username and password to log in. I tried my ppcgeeks login and password and no luck.
I just tried it and while I didnt let it run all the way the DL started no problem.
I'm using W7 and Chrome.
You could try clearing cookies and cache and rebooting your PC if it still wont go.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Guys im using this rom im in 6/10...
i want to be able to tx in landscape but the keyboard stays the same it doesnt move..
Is this a bug or something?
Old 06-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Guys im using this rom im in 6/10...
i want to be able to tx in landscape but the keyboard stays the same it doesnt move..
Is this a bug or something?
Landscape texting works just fine for me...make sure you are turning the phone where the home, menu back and search buttons are to the right (by your right thumb). It wont turn the other way.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Also app2SD, I know you said you didnt test it but I see no signs of it. Should there be an icon? a way to enable it?
I DL'd skyfire and airhorn (silly noisemaker app) from the market and they went to /data/app. I copied the skyfire apk over to my card then installed from there and it went back to /data/app.
Any enlightenment from you?

to /data/app
found this tells you how to used the app
http://geekfor.me/faq/apps2sd
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

so I finally got around to rooting the phone and flashing OMJ latest and greatest with radio. Yeah....I know....a little slow to the game but got a little inspiration from my bud wmdunn

Running great Ken! Only weird thing was it tried to do a firmware update after flashing and reboot and never actually did anything, so I cancelled it after a few minutes. No issue. Can't wait to dive in and see how things go. Thanks again for the rom!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
found this tells you how to used the app
http://geekfor.me/faq/apps2sd
Thanks Bro. This isn't working 100% yet for me.
I partitioned the card and when I went to reboot and got stuck in a Bootscreen loop. I wiped and reflashed and everything was fine.
I then ran the adb code to enable app2sd and all my installed apps disappeared. They are they, just cant access them at the moment.
Google is telling me that this can happen, I'm still reading but just wanted to throw it out there as a heads up.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work
Unhappy Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Landscape texting works just fine for me...make sure you are turning the phone where the home, menu back and search buttons are to the right (by your right thumb). It wont turn the other way.
\

man u think its my phone im doing it the right way i use to type in lanscaping mode b4 .. idk whats wrong
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
\

man u think its my phone im doing it the right way i use to type in lanscaping mode b4 .. idk whats wrong
Dont know how it could have gotten unchecked but maybe it did, have you checked the settings? Other than that i dont know.

menu/settigns/sound and display/orientation

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development