PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Does this rom have Flash 10.1 on it?!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Great ROM OMJ, as usual. Finally fully rooted my wife's Evo after she was having horrid battery life. Not sure if its the ROM or some settings I changed, but so far the battery life is much, much better (still not as good as my Nexus One though lol).

Keep up the great work and I'll let you know if we run into any bugs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

how and /or what is the best sdcard partition settings?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sjporzio is a n00b

I downloaded the apk files for sprint software (i.e. Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, etc.) on the front page of this thread. I put the file on my sd card and installed android mate, like it says. Android mate sees the file. When I click on it, it prompts me to "extract" to this directory or to a new directory. I tried both options and it is not doing anything. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
how and /or what is the best sdcard partition settings?
Still learning but check the link originally posted by KarlE (go back a few posts and slap a thank on him )
http://geekfor.me/faq/apps2sd
Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Thanks Bro. This isn't working 100% yet for me.
I partitioned the card and when I went to reboot and got stuck in a Bootscreen loop. I wiped and reflashed and everything was fine.
I then ran the adb code to enable app2sd and all my installed apps disappeared. They are they, just cant access them at the moment.
Google is telling me that this can happen, I'm still reading but just wanted to throw it out there as a heads up.
let me know if you find anything more helpful on app2sd
cause i havent tried it yet
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjporzio View Post
I downloaded the apk files for sprint software (i.e. Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, etc.) on the front page of this thread. I put the file on my sd card and installed android mate, like it says. Android mate sees the file. When I click on it, it prompts me to "extract" to this directory or to a new directory. I tried both options and it is not doing anything. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
It sounds like your putting the zipped folder on your card?
Unzip on your PC and put the indvidual apk's on your card.
Android mate will install them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
let me know if you find anything more helpful on app2sd
cause i havent tried it yet
That link is really helpful. In reading all the comments flipz reccomends using a class 6 card. HTC/Sprint gave us a class 2. That may cause issues. flipz also says that even if everything goes right the process can still be unstable. I un-partitioned/reformatted my card and am starting over.
I'll be sure to pass along any inflammation I come across

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Still learning but check the link originally posted by KarlE (go back a few posts and slap a thank on him )
http://geekfor.me/faq/apps2sd
thanks bro i will hit both of you guys for that....
Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sjporzio is a n00b

Quote:
It sounds like your putting the zipped folder on your card?
Unzip on your PC and put the indvidual apk's on your card.
Android mate will install them then.
When I download the file from the front page, it is not in a zip file it is "sprint.apks.7z" Is there another program I need on my computer to unzip this? Winzip not recognizing it.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjporzio View Post
When I download the file from the front page, it is not in a zip file it is "sprint.apks.7z" Is there another program I need on my computer to unzip this? Winzip not recognizing it.
Here ya go
http://www.7-zip.org/

Think winrar can handle it as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development