PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

FWIW, I could not get wifi tether to work on 1.4a....may have just been a fluke?
I reverted back to 1.3 and it worked fine.
I'll probably reinstall 1.4a again tomorrow to see if I can get it to work again.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Question. When I used to flash Windows ROM's we did a clear storage. But with these Android devices, we are encouraged to wipe. There is a clear storage option for the Android OS. Why not use it instead of wipe? (Android Newbie)

Tp

P.S. When I first rooted my EVO there was a process that I went thru (running a batch file on my pc) to get to the menu that brought up wiping...Do I have to do that every time in order to flash a ROM? OR is there another way to get to that menu with the wipe options?

Last edited by tpeazy; 06-20-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Another link that might help with apps2sd

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Apps2SD

how to check if it worked link

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Operat...rly/m-p/196515

should work for evo "i think"

Last edited by Karl; 06-20-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman05 View Post
FWIW, I could not get wifi tether to work on 1.4a....may have just been a fluke?
I reverted back to 1.3 and it worked fine.
I'll probably reinstall 1.4a again tomorrow to see if I can get it to work again.
Working fine on v1.4r which ROM-wise is identical to v1.4a (since the only difference is the radio upgrade is included in the zip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Question. When I used to flash Windows ROM's we did a clear storage. But with these Android devices, we are encouraged to wipe. There is a clear storage option for the Android OS. Why not use it instead of wipe? (Android Newbie)

Tp

P.S. When I first rooted my EVO there was a process that I went thru (running a batch file on my pc) to get to the menu that brought up wiping...Do I have to do that every time in order to flash a ROM? OR is there another way to get to that menu with the wipe options?
re:clear Storage-good question, EVERYthing I'm seeing says to do the Factory reset/Dalvic wipes. From what I'm reading you wouldn't clear storage INSTEAD of wiping but you *could* do it along with your wipe in case you're getting that not-so-fresh feeling

As far as recovery goes-it depends on how far you went with the root.
If you just did part one, you could boot into recovery with ROM Mangager or do the manual steps you described.
If you have full root, just load hboot/bootloader and select Recovery, full root allows us to boot into Recovery without a PC.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Hey OMJ runnin your version 3 and just wanted to let you know its been runnin great fully rooted and im at 41 hours and still going on a single charge with 28% battery life left,thanks for the excellent work brotha keep it up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Working fine on v1.4r which ROM-wise is identical to v1.4a (since the only difference is the radio upgrade is included in the zip)

re:clear Storage-good question, EVERYthing I'm seeing says to do the Factory reset/Dalvic wipes. From what I'm reading you wouldn't clear storage INSTEAD of wiping but you *could* do it along with your wipe in case you're getting that not-so-fresh feeling

As far as recovery goes-it depends on how far you went with the root.
If you just did part one, you could boot into recovery with ROM Mangager or do the manual steps you described.
If you have full root, just load hboot/bootloader and select Recovery, full root allows us to boot into Recovery without a PC.

Thanks WinMo...I really appreciate you bearing with me...one more quick question...where do you type "hboot/bootloader " Is there an app I need to run to do it? I went thru all the steps so I believe that I am fully rooted. So I get from what you are saying that the "wipe" options are under "recovery"?

Tp
Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks WinMo...I really appreciate you bearing with me...one more quick question...where do you type "hboot/bootloader " Is there an app I need to run to do it? I went thru all the steps so I believe that I am fully rooted. So I get from what you are saying that the "wipe" options are under "recovery"?

Tp
No prob Bro. You dont need to type "hboot". That is the name of the menu you get when you power off your device, then hold Down Volume while you power on.
That white screen with Recovery as the 2nd option is called hboot or bootloader.
Yep, once you select Recovery you will have the options to wipe,flash, etc.

If you are ever using adb commands and are in adb shell you can type

reboot recovery

to get there too, just FYI.

EDIT:
PS-congrats on the Lakers win. You're not burning any cars I hope?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-20-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
No prob Bro. You dont need to type "hboot". That is the name of the menu you get when you power off your device, then hold Down Volume while you power on.
That white screen with Recovery as the 2nd option is called hboot or bootloader.
Yep, once you select Recovery you will have the options to wipe,flash, etc.

If you are ever using adb commands and are in adb shell you can type

reboot recovery

to get there too, just FYI.

EDIT:
PS-congrats on the Lakers win. You're not burning any cars I hope?

Thanks a ton! I may have to go back to 1.3 because I to am having problems with the wifi-tethering. I also don't hear the new sounds OMJ mentioned, even though in ROM manager it says I am on 1.4. Oh well may try one more time.

As far as my Lakers...Yeah, we did it...again. The last one wasn't pretty, but hey, we'll take it. Oh and yeah, not burning any cars...but I do smell smoke

Thanks again,

Tp
Old 06-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thanks a ton! I may have to go back to 1.3 because I to am having problems with the wifi-tethering. I also don't hear the new sounds OMJ mentioned, even though in ROM manager it says I am on 1.4. Oh well may try one more time.

As far as my Lakers...Yeah, we did it...again. The last one wasn't pretty, but hey, we'll take it. Oh and yeah, not burning any cars...but I do smell smoke

Thanks again,

Tp
Like I said in my earlier post-wifi tether is working fine for me. A re-flash may take care of it for you. What kind of wipe did you do? I always factory reset and wipe Dalvic 2X each.
Dont sweat the sounds, I dont *think* OMJ included NEW sounds just changed the ones that are set by default.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Like I said in my earlier post-wifi tether is working fine for me. A re-flash may take care of it for you. What kind of wipe did you do? I always factory reset and wipe Dalvic 2X each.
Dont sweat the sounds, I dont *think* OMJ included NEW sounds just changed the ones that are set by default.

Just sent you a PM.

Tp

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development