View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
tpeazy
Regular 'Geeker

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Working fine on v1.4r which ROM-wise is identical to v1.4a (since the only difference is the radio upgrade is included in the zip)

re:clear Storage-good question, EVERYthing I'm seeing says to do the Factory reset/Dalvic wipes. From what I'm reading you wouldn't clear storage INSTEAD of wiping but you *could* do it along with your wipe in case you're getting that not-so-fresh feeling

As far as recovery goes-it depends on how far you went with the root.
If you just did part one, you could boot into recovery with ROM Mangager or do the manual steps you described.
If you have full root, just load hboot/bootloader and select Recovery, full root allows us to boot into Recovery without a PC.

Thanks WinMo...I really appreciate you bearing with me...one more quick question...where do you type "hboot/bootloader " Is there an app I need to run to do it? I went thru all the steps so I believe that I am fully rooted. So I get from what you are saying that the "wipe" options are under "recovery"?

Tp