PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
WinMo

I'm considering the jump - I have OMJ 1.5 fully rooted by Toast 2 with the ENG hboot - I have completed a Titanium backup and about to do Nand backup.

My question - if I follow the steps perfectly I should be in 1.4x correctly with the OTA updates, then I could update the OMJ 1.6 (without radio) then run 1) Nand restore and Titanium or 2) just Titanium to get my data settings and programs back?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks for your persistence on this update

Mule
Happy to help.
A NAND is a COPY of your ROM. You DO NOT want to restore that after a successful flash. You'll wind up back where you started.
After a flash run Titanium to restore your settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Thanks, well this sucks anyway. I don't know what I did wrong this time but when I opened up Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I checked using adb and sure enough, "$". I'm going to go back and follow the root instructions again and see what I did wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goskers View Post
I went straight from the start over method to 1.6. (without radio) That is what I recommend 4g still going strong and battery life seems much improved as well
@ruck- as long as you're starting over follow the Start Over method I linked like goskers did.
You prob already started but if you ever see the $ again try typing su to restore Super User. That should put you back to a #.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Ok, so I am on MikRom currently, rooted with the toast method, in a 4g area and would like to try OMJs ROM. I have titanium backup installed and just did a backup of all user apps. I have the OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.6r downloaded. What should my next step be? Will I lose 4g if I flash this rom? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 07-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
Ok, so I am on MikRom currently, rooted with the toast method, in a 4g area and would like to try OMJs ROM. I have titanium backup installed and just did a backup of all user apps. I have the OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.6r downloaded. What should my next step be? Will I lose 4g if I flash this rom? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
The 4G issue is not ROM related, it looks like the wimax update is the culprit.
There are users who have flashed 1.6r, updated their PRL, updated wimax, PRL again, reboot and kept 4G.
If it goes out on you we currently have 2 confirmation of the Start Over method from XDA that I linked a few posts ago.
While slightly a longer process you COULD just start with that and carry through to OMJ.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

ok thanks. i'll give the start over method a go as long as it is a complete guide.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

I'm still on version 1.5 and I can confirm that picture and video mail does not work! Anybody else having this issue?!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Mule is a n00b

okay - took the plunge

used start over method - worked just fine - had to fastboot my Ra 1.7x recovery so I could load OMJ 1.6 - but got it working -- ran titanium and it restored everything except my gmail - super user works, wireless tethering works and so does root explorer - got the new radio and 1.47 version.

3g seems a little quicker

Thanks Winmo for your advice and whitslack at xda for the tutorial

Mule
Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So if I update to 1.6r and don't touch wimax upgrade I should be fine right?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
4G FIX (?) Part DEUX

After reading through @400 posts between 2 threads I'm not seeing an indication that the situation is going to get anymore solid than it is right now. Of course there can always be a Eureka! moment but I think there are enough options for users to try now.

ONCE AGAIN-I dont have 4G, I'm just passing along the information to those who are willing to try to fix their issues. If any of these steps seem over your head DO NOT ATTEMPT THEM. The last thing you want is to break something else.

As I stated in an earlier post, it appears unrevoked users are out of luck until the devs from the unrevoked team come up with a solution. If you rooted via unrevoked then these options most likely will not work for you, as always, proceed with caution.

We know that some users here have 4G working, most recently posted by Mindfrost. He got it from the get go and didnt need anything fixed.

NONE of these "solutions" have 100% success based on the posts in their respective threads. Based on my reading, I'd call these the Top 3. Of the posts that claim they dont work, we can never rule out the dreaded UE-User Error.

READ, READ, READ. AND WHEN YOU THINK YOU GOT IT, READ IT AGAIN.

Bad Wimax MAC? Broken 4G After Update? Fix HERE!
This is a re-post of the thread I posted last night. IMHO it has enough "I got it!" posts to warrant an attempt.

How to start over:From original stock to rooted latest OTA (WiMax working!)
THIS IS A RE-ROOT. THIS IS A RE-ROOT. Like the title says, you are starting over.
Not trying to scare anyone but I just want to make sure you understand what you're doing. IMHO it's seems very simple.

4G FIX for Constant Scanning
This is fairly straight forward but seems to be a solution if your system seems 'stuck' constantly searching for a sginal. The 'Start over' thread makes reference to this one on Post 1.

If you try all of these without success there is ANOTHER option:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=716694

Questions pertaining to these "solutions" are best posted in their respective threads.
Good luck, hope this helps.

**Disclaimer-There are discussions in these threads about users taking their devices back to Sprint I'm not condoning or condemning. I ain't going there**
Just a quick thanks here. I took a few days off from the forum and had about 400 posts to read through. sheesh. I've only got 2 more pages to go but thanks for summarizing all the stuff I've missed.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

People, listen up. I am on vacation, I won't be back for another week, so please quit pm'ing me about the Rom.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

TheLastRoman is becoming a great contributor

Flashed OMJ's latest offering, 1.6 (without the radio), went to this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485 , and downloaded the latest baseband and wimax radio, cleared cache between each flash (rom flash, radio flash, and wimax flash), updated my profile and PRL after the last flash (which was the wimax radio), and my 4g works! I now have a consistent 2-3 bars of 4g inside my house. Before this update, I only had 1 bar and it would not be a consistent connection. I have been attempting to get 4g working ever since Sprint came out with the latest OTA.

If there is anything anyone needs me to test out, please let me know. I have an EVO im using as a test subject. It has to go back to Sprint so I figured Id flash this bad boy until I found out how to get everything working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development