PPCGeeks Regular

mr_e is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
4G FIX (?) Part DEUX

After reading through @400 posts between 2 threads I'm not seeing an indication that the situation is going to get anymore solid than it is right now. Of course there can always be a Eureka! moment but I think there are enough options for users to try now.

ONCE AGAIN-I dont have 4G, I'm just passing along the information to those who are willing to try to fix their issues. If any of these steps seem over your head DO NOT ATTEMPT THEM. The last thing you want is to break something else.

As I stated in an earlier post, it appears unrevoked users are out of luck until the devs from the unrevoked team come up with a solution. If you rooted via unrevoked then these options most likely will not work for you, as always, proceed with caution.

We know that some users here have 4G working, most recently posted by Mindfrost. He got it from the get go and didnt need anything fixed.

NONE of these "solutions" have 100% success based on the posts in their respective threads. Based on my reading, I'd call these the Top 3. Of the posts that claim they dont work, we can never rule out the dreaded UE-User Error.

READ, READ, READ. AND WHEN YOU THINK YOU GOT IT, READ IT AGAIN.

Bad Wimax MAC? Broken 4G After Update? Fix HERE!
This is a re-post of the thread I posted last night. IMHO it has enough "I got it!" posts to warrant an attempt.

How to start over:From original stock to rooted latest OTA (WiMax working!)
THIS IS A RE-ROOT. THIS IS A RE-ROOT. Like the title says, you are starting over.
Not trying to scare anyone but I just want to make sure you understand what you're doing. IMHO it's seems very simple.

4G FIX for Constant Scanning
This is fairly straight forward but seems to be a solution if your system seems 'stuck' constantly searching for a sginal. The 'Start over' thread makes reference to this one on Post 1.

If you try all of these without success there is ANOTHER option:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=716694

Questions pertaining to these "solutions" are best posted in their respective threads.
Good luck, hope this helps.

**Disclaimer-There are discussions in these threads about users taking their devices back to Sprint I'm not condoning or condemning. I ain't going there**
Just a quick thanks here. I took a few days off from the forum and had about 400 posts to read through. sheesh. I've only got 2 more pages to go but thanks for summarizing all the stuff I've missed.