PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
Where is app2sd? I can't find it anywhere... Running 1.8D
It is not a stand alone app. It's a more of a system file as I understand it.
From what I've read, you need to be using a Class 6 SD card (at least Class 4).
Then you have to partition your card (you can do that in Recovery). This sets aside a small (1GB or less) part of your card to be used for apps.
Check this for some basics:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Apps2SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok, I'm on my 3rd attempt at reading the PC36IMG.ZIP file..
The problem I keep getting is at the
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
It repeats the line 1 time but I also get the /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory as another line.
The other 2 set of instructions repeat 1 time as they are supposed to.

Ok, 3 time FAILED again. With the error:

Main Version is Older!
Update Fail!
Do you want to reboot device?

Just to clarify, I am supposed to use TOASTs PC36IMG.ZIP file right... Not v1.7 ROM1?? Could that be why it's saying it's old.
Quote:
Forgot to ask if the PC36IMG.ZIP by Toast is supposed to give you an error when you try to open it to see it's content? OMJ's PC36IMG.ZIP I can view no problems.. But Toasts I can't. I've tried downloading 2 others but they have the same issue?? Is that right?
Yes, use Toasts eng-PC36 file.
No you cant open it to look at it. What size is it? If you are getting an incomplete DL that could cause the issue.
For your issue with the eng-mtd flash-are you connected via Charge Only or HTC Sync with USB debugging enabled?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-19-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
nice i can do this from rom manager right?
No, you have to place the PC36 file on the root of your SD card and then boot into bootloader (power off, hold vol down and power on while you keep holding vol down)
Old 07-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Then you have to partition your card (you can do that in Recovery). This sets aside a small (1GB or less) part of your card to be used for apps.

No you cant open it to look at it. What size is it? If you are getting an incomplete DL that could cause the issue.
For your issue with the eng-mtd flash-are you connected via Charge Only or HTC Sync with USB debugging enabled?
I'm connected via Disk Drive w/USB Debugging enabled.

the eng-pc36 is 175,073.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I'm connected via Disk Drive w/USB Debugging enabled.

the eng-pc36 is 175,073.
Gotcha! If you are connected that way the files on your card can not be read, hence the error with applying the mtd-eng file hence the PC36 file generating the Older version error.
Ta-flippin-da!
Connect via charge only and then try it.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

I realized my mistake once you asked about how I was connected... WOW... what a noob mistake... I switched to htc-sync and walla it's loading the PC36 file as I type.. Sucks that It's taken me till 1am to get the damn thing to "START"... I can't stop now..
Sucks that I have to be at work at 7am tomorrow.. Ohh well, Mucho coffee.. Xtra Bold should do the trick.. About a whole pot full of it..

I'll post later or tomorrow if I'm able to get to v1.7 ROM1...

Thanks again for your patience and quick replies to myself and everyone I've seen asking questions.. You and OMJ Rock...

Thanks.. PS.. I'm loving my phone.. It's freaking Awesome..
Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Gotcha! If you are connected that way the files on your card can not be read, hence the error with applying the mtd-eng file hence the PC36 file generating the Older version error.
Ta-flippin-da!
Connect via charge only and then try it.
DONE.... Freaking aaaaaaaaa....... Thanks for your help winmo... I really appreciate it.. I'm up FULLY ROOTED now with the v1.7 (i'll do 1.8 tomorrow - crap, it is tomorrow already.. )

Thanks again.. Ohh and the Data.img restore, I hope it holds cuz I did it and seems to be running ok.. Lets see when I start trying out the apps if any crash on me or anything..

thanks again..

Later...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

nice i just updated to 1.7. now is there a way to get my themes and contact info back? I forgot how that is done
Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Retired Staff

@richarc-no prob, glad you got it.
You shouldn't have an issue with the data.img. I know plenty of people use that method and I did it earlier today and it's running fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
nice i just updated to 1.7. now is there a way to get my themes and contact info back? I forgot how that is done
Depends. What kind of back ups did you do before the flash?
If you did a nand backup then jump to OMJ's Post #2 and find out how to restore just the data.img from your back up.
If you didn't, hopefully you at least synced with gmail to backup your Contacts and Calendar.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

nvm my contacts are still the same just my apps are gone
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

revengeismyfury is a n00b

Hey guys just got my evo on thursday this past week. Stupid me did the ota update. but, then I managed to root it using the simple root prog, and then I did the next step and flashed it a couple times to gain nand unlock and whatever.

You like how I said whatever right,DDD. Question here since I have the 1.47 ota completely rooted will your rom and anyones rom be safe to flash the phone with? Cause I read that theirs has to be based off of that 1.47 ota update? Anyways this question has probably been asked before, and I'm gonna do some more readin up on here when I get a chance later too. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development