View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
Where is app2sd? I can't find it anywhere... Running 1.8D
It is not a stand alone app. It's a more of a system file as I understand it.
From what I've read, you need to be using a Class 6 SD card (at least Class 4).
Then you have to partition your card (you can do that in Recovery). This sets aside a small (1GB or less) part of your card to be used for apps.
Check this for some basics:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Apps2SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok, I'm on my 3rd attempt at reading the PC36IMG.ZIP file..
The problem I keep getting is at the
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
It repeats the line 1 time but I also get the /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory as another line.
The other 2 set of instructions repeat 1 time as they are supposed to.

Ok, 3 time FAILED again. With the error:

Main Version is Older!
Update Fail!
Do you want to reboot device?

Just to clarify, I am supposed to use TOASTs PC36IMG.ZIP file right... Not v1.7 ROM1?? Could that be why it's saying it's old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Forgot to ask if the PC36IMG.ZIP by Toast is supposed to give you an error when you try to open it to see it's content? OMJ's PC36IMG.ZIP I can view no problems.. But Toasts I can't. I've tried downloading 2 others but they have the same issue?? Is that right?
Yes, use Toasts eng-PC36 file.
No you cant open it to look at it. What size is it? If you are getting an incomplete DL that could cause the issue.
For your issue with the eng-mtd flash-are you connected via Charge Only or HTC Sync with USB debugging enabled?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-19-2010 at 12:34 AM.