PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

I never did any of the OTA updates, I have flashed Cyanogens nightly builds. Ive realized I NEED Sense lol. Which ROM should I download? The link where it says
Quote:
*READ*
Quote:

****If you have not flashed v1.7 w/ the OTA updates (ROM1) or equivalent, you must flash it 1st!!
is broken btw
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I never did any of the OTA updates, I have flashed Cyanogens nightly builds. Ive realized I NEED Sense lol. Which ROM should I download? The link where it says
[SIZE=3]is broken btw
Posted 2 post before yours.
Just do OMJ1.7 w/OTA then update to his latest. OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.8_deodexed.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
OMJ posted it for you in post #1620...1 page back the last post at the end of his post.

I got it for you.

Here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs/PC36IMG.zip
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Posted 2 post before yours.
Just do OMJ1.7 w/OTA then update to his latest. OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.8_deodexed.zip
D'oh sorry. But thank you for the answer
Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

RaveJunkie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RaveJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to RaveJunkie
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Love your ROM and Im sorta a newb to the EVO, I used to have a touch pro 2. I love your rom and this phone thank you. I am on VER 1.6 and want to go to VER 1.8. My question is there a way to flash and not have to re setup my apps (put user name and pass in 40 times again). I have done a nandroid backup a few times and also TI backup. Is it worth me flashing from 1.6 to 1.8? I love it the way it is minus the wireless tether not working..... any help?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

DumbAssEvo is a n00b

I have been running OMJ 1.3 since June with no problems besides poor video quality and now my wireless tether seems to be real slow.

I just updated to OMJ 1.8 with no problem. However

I just noticed my Hboot is running .79

I downloaded the latest PC36IMG and it did not seem to flash. Is the PC36IMG also known as OMJ 1.7? If not does anyone have the OMJ 1.7 DL link..

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advanced...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

RaveJunkie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RaveJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to RaveJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssEvo View Post
I have been running OMJ 1.3 since June with no problems besides poor video quality and now my wireless tether seems to be real slow.

I downloaded the latest PC36IMG and it did not seem to flash. Is the PC36IMG also known as OMJ 1.7? If not does anyone have the OMJ 1.7 DL link..

ok so im used to winmo 6.5.3 now on the evo I can "update from 1.6 to 1.8 without loosing everthing"? that would be nice. I dont want to have to re enter my name into everything or have to setup my home again even.....
Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveJunkie View Post
Love your ROM and Im sorta a newb to the EVO, I used to have a touch pro 2. I love your rom and this phone thank you. I am on VER 1.6 and want to go to VER 1.8. My question is there a way to flash and not have to re setup my apps (put user name and pass in 40 times again). I have done a nandroid backup a few times and also TI backup. Is it worth me flashing from 1.6 to 1.8? I love it the way it is minus the wireless tether not working..... any help?
Nandroid backup restores your phone to the state it was in when you did the backup.
In other words, if you're on 1.6 and do a nandroid backup then install 1.8 and restore you're backup. You're backup was a backup of 1.6 so you'll be back to version 1.6 like nothing ever happened.
What you need it Titanium Backup. It will backup your apps and settings.

To be honest, I haven't seen a huge difference from 1.6 - 1.8. I'm not in 4G area, and I don't use WirelessN so I don't know if there is anything else I should see in terms of difference.

You could just stay on 1.6. And, wireless tethering works fine on 1.6. Just download it from the Market and reinstall it.

Now, if you really just want to run the latest version 1.8, you'll need to flash 1.7 w/ OTA first ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs/PC36IMG.zip

Then install the 1.8 of your choice.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssEvo View Post

The problem is that you need to be fully rooted and flash a recovery image.

Go here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

and follow "Section 2 Version 1 - No PC Needed" or "Section 2 Version 2 - Using the PC"

Make sure you have the following files from Items you'll need
2- eng-PC36IMG.zip - Mirror 1 - (Place this on your sdcard)
3- Full Root files.zip - This zip contains 3 files you will extract to your sdcard (flash_image, mtd-eng.img, recovery.img)
4- evo-recovery -
Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

DumbAssEvo is a n00b

Thank you "FASTRX" exactly the direction I needed.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
so sense is uninstallable or not included
I didnt touch Sense, it's running in the screenshots. The mods I listed do nothing to Sense either.
**Small annoyance-my battery icon has been replaced with the hearing aid icon when unplugged. No biggie IMO**
Did the fact that I removed the clock from the Home screen make you think it was disabled?
Clocks are cool but pointless IMO due to the taskbar clock so I usually run without one.

We can disable Sense on any ROM regardless of mods.
Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/HTC Sense/Click Clear Defaults/Force Stop/Click Home button
You'll then be asked how you want to continue.
On OMJ we have two choices-HTC Sense and Android Mate. Personally I'd stick with Sense. You can install ADW Launcher from the Market and run that if you want to run Senseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveJunkie View Post
Is it worth me flashing from 1.6 to 1.8? I love it the way it is minus the wireless tether not working..... any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
To be honest, I haven't seen a huge difference from 1.6 - 1.8. I'm not in 4G area, and I don't use WirelessN so I don't know if there is anything else I should see in terms of difference.

You could just stay on 1.6. And, wireless tethering works fine on 1.6. Just download it from the Market and reinstall it.
IMO I'd update to at least 1.7 to get the OTA files installed correctly.
For me the OTA fixed the screen grounding issue, gave me quicker Wifi and 3G and better battery life. As usual individual results will vary.

Fast-look at those parameters and see if you notice any improvements.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development