PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Question..I see a lot folks using the evo with this rom (love this rom) who came from the TP2 and wanted to know how your signal coverage has been? I ask because I have had more poor signal dropped calls in the last few weeks with this evo than I had my previous 6 months on my tp2 with a custom rom...not sure if this has been addressed but figured I would ask the best group for some help..thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

This is a noob question but with OMJ rom can i install any theme there are tons of them on xda and I just want to make sure I'm not going to screw anything up. I assume I can't install any themes that work for a specific rom like for instance theres a lot of themes that says for fresh or damage I assume I can't install those on OMJ. TIA
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I just want to say be sure to make a donation to OMJ for all of his hard work. Keep him motivated $5 or $10 is all it takes.
Thx again zone for the gift, I really appreciate it!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

App2sd is working great

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-24-2010, 07:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

ROM Manager is working again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
App2sd is working great
cool, can u show ppl how you set it up?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
This is a noob question but with OMJ rom can i install any theme there are tons of them on xda and I just want to make sure I'm not going to screw anything up. I assume I can't install any themes that work for a specific rom like for instance theres a lot of themes that says for fresh or damage I assume I can't install those on OMJ. TIA

I would like to know as well. For example im using the EnamoRed themed version, now if i wanted the sapphire theme, is there a way to get it without flashing? as long as titanium backup is around its no big deal for me really but just curious.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I just want to say be sure to make a donation to OMJ for all of his hard work. Keep him motivated $5 or $10 is all it takes.
Agreed and Donated. Thanks Ken for the all the great work.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
I would like to know as well. For example im using the EnamoRed themed version, now if i wanted the sapphire theme, is there a way to get it without flashing? as long as titanium backup is around its no big deal for me really but just curious.
I would think you could just flash the theme without having to reflash the entire rom. I've applied one theme (with 1.8 ) and then flashed another and saw no ill effects.

Here's the link to the sapphire theme.

Last edited by Vegasden; 07-24-2010 at 09:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
Herein lies the beauty of the nand. Make a backup and then experiment, you can always wipe and restore to start over.
You are on the right track, look for themes that say they are for any ROM. Devs like konikub are nice enough to spell it out for us. On most of his themes he says its for any Sense based ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
EnamoRED and Sapphire are the same theme just different colors, I flashed one over the other without a problem, like Vegasden, just had to change wallpapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I would think you could just flash the theme without having to reflash the entire rom. I've applied one theme (with 1.8 ) and then flashed another and saw no ill effects.

Here's the link to the sapphire theme.
I flashed about 4 or 5 of konikubs themes over each other, initially it was fine but I did start to see some remnants of one theme get left behind as I switched to the next one. So like I said above for a simple color change one could be flashed over the other but when things like icons start changing a reflash may be in order.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

APP2SD set-up

If you have a Titanium backup that was done before partitioning the sd card your apps will not install correctly ..

You must Back-up your .apk to reinstall them after rom flash
( use MyBackup Pro or Perfect Uninstall to back-up .apk)

A.
backup your sd card to your computer. can't stress this enough, as partitioning will wipe the entire card.
B. Reboot into recovery (Must use RA Recovery just to partition SD)
c. In android recovery, select
partition sdcard
d. In the partition sdcard menu, select
partition sd
e. Follow the instructions on the phone to partition your sd card. You need to set a 32MB swap file and then a 1GB partition or less.
F. In the partition sdcard menu,
select sd:ext2 to ext3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
G.Flash OMJ Rom 1.8 and above..DONE!

If you apply this program and your market suddenly stops working, perform the following steps:

1. Remount your internal storage to read-write by typing adb remount( or you can use Root Explorer)
2. Go into your phone's terminal by typing adb shell
3. Type /system/bin/a2sd fixmarket. This will relocate the market to /system/app and allows you to choose it in the all programs screen. You will need to drag it back onto your desktop if you want it there.

Note: If you apply Apps2SD and still notice internal storage is decreasing, this is due to the dalvik-cache not being moved. By default, Apps2SD will not move the dalvik-cache on boot.

If you want to move the dalvik-cache to the sd card, type:

a2sd cachesd (move dalvik to sd card)
a2sd cachepart (move dalvik to cache partition)

Make sure your SD card is at least a
class 4 before doing this, otherwise you may run into performance issues, unless you move the dalvik to the cache partition.

You still have other caches (i.e. Browser caches) and other data being stored and updated in internal storage, so the number of free space will continue to drop, but at a slower rate (unless you are engage in heavy web surfing, tweeting or facebook socializing.)

"Complied info"

Last edited by Karl; 07-24-2010 at 10:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development