PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

I would love to know how to cook netarchy kernel into your ROM. Its almost time to cook up my own but I don't get how the kernels work just yet.

Also one more thing why can't I change the Quick Boot icon. If I extract the file change the icon put it back together it wont install. I also tried just placing the apk into the system and that's a no go.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 07-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I would love to know how to cook netarchy kernel into your ROM. Its almost time to cook up my own but I don't get how the kernels work just yet.

Also one more thing why can't I change the Quick Boot icon. If I extract the file change the icon put it back together it wont install. I also tried just placing the apk into the system and that's a no go.
I havent tried the netarchy kernel yet, is it really that good?

Have you started cooking yet? I opening the kernel, doesn't look like it would be to hard to add to ROM, maybe I'll give it a try.

if u modify an apk you have to re-sign it
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

depperly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

First I have to mark out to you by saying DAMN this is a nice ROM... Everything seems to work just as before with the exception of the proximity sensor. Is there a setting that I can change to re enable this functionality?

Thanks,

D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Yes.

53 fps (is what I get) and it makes a huge noticeable immediate difference.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:

Have you started cooking yet? I opening the kernel, doesn't look like it would be to hard to add to ROM, maybe I'll give it a try.

I will 2nd the notion of implementing the kernel into your ROMs, for the life of me I can't firgure out why i keep getting boot-loops when I implement (from Rom manager, from recovery, from RA recovery, the only thing I have not tried is the 2 step process, flash rom then kernel)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Right now I'm just modding your ROM. I would have to pull the stock Sprint ROM and add my mods to it. Only issue is what I have is pieces of your ROM, pieces or Calkulins ROM, and so on. In other words I would need to get the stock ROM and mod it for it to truly be my own. I don't think I will do that until Froyo comes along. If you follow the link in my sig you will see what I've done. I've change the taskbar back, added some of Konikub's icons, and use bottom bar from Konikubs. What you don't see is I flashed Calkulins HTC EVO 4G black boot screen and use the HTC quietly brilliant animation. On your ROM I changed the menu bars back from blue to Black but left the text below the menu bar blue. I also fixed a couple graphic "errors". I think you meant for the images to look like they did but they were a little odd. I almost forgot I change the unlock slider back to stock HTC.

That kernel works great I get 52 fps average and over clock to 1152Mhz without issue.

I tried signing the apk but no luck it wouldn't sign. Kept getting an error.

Last edited by zone23; 07-28-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Another thumbs up here for netarchy kernel; it really makes a difference and I'd love to see it included in this ROM. Along with Swype...
Old 07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
Another thumbs up here for netarchy kernel; it really makes a difference and I'd love to see it included in this ROM. Along with Swype...
As a past chief things like Swype have always been debatable because you can easily add it in yourself. Chiefs try to keep the ROMs clean and let the users decide what the want to add in, because someone else will say I want the Droid X Keyboard. See what I mean?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Has anyone tried the clear taskbar mod on OMJ deoxed roms? Love it. thanks to Konikub!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=707047

Here's a couple sshots.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Has anyone tried the clear taskbar mod on OMJ deoxed roms? Love it. thanks to Konikub!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=707047

Here's a couple sshots.
I ran it on the none deoxed it was fun but I like the bottom bar from the sapphire. I changed mine to have the stock taskbar with the Sapphire bottom bar. Link to images in my sig (which isn't showing for some reason).

Last edited by zone23; 07-28-2010 at 09:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development