PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i am having a problems using my backup pro trying to back up my dictionary. i talked to the support at rerware they said it might be due to the rom. is any one else having problems backing up the dictionary and resorting it? the tech support guy said that it was because of the rom is this true can any one confirm this for me
anything is possible, I havent backed up & restored dictionary.....but it sounds like the dev is using the ROM as a scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm still iffy about the v1.9 blue and red themes. I got the red on now and not really feeling it... I think I read someone posting an OMJ EMERALD GREEN THEME somewhere around? Is there such an animal..

Thanks again..

"WHERE, OH WHERE IS MY $10.00 WORTH OF 4g....I'M TOLD I SHALL SOON BE ABLE TO SEE..."
there is no emerald.....yeah, I'm waiting for my $10 4g too
Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Ok so, I just got the premium ROM Manager. Im currently on 1.7 and want to update. Whats the best way to backup everything I need(apps, settings, etc) so I can update then restore? Sorry, Im still an Android n00b. Damn 3 years of WinMo only! Damn you!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

OMJ, finally got my Evo rooted and used your 1.7 rom but now I have your 1.9 Sapphire loaded and it is sweet. Great job and thank you for all your work for all of us out here.

EDIT>> One thing I have run across is my alarm clock function doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by cooltech59; 07-28-2010 at 07:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Ok so, I just got the premium ROM Manager. Im currently on 1.7 and want to update. Whats the best way to backup everything I need(apps, settings, etc) so I can update then restore? Sorry, Im still an Android n00b. Damn 3 years of WinMo only! Damn you!
If you are fully rooted (both su and NAND) then boot into recovery and do a nandroid backup. That will save everything. If you need to restore just boot into recovery and do a nand restore.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
If you are fully rooted (both su and NAND) then boot into recovery and do a nandroid backup. That will save everything. If you need to restore just boot into recovery and do a nand restore.

I am fully rooted. I used Quickboot, went to nandroid and its backing up now. After that I update the ROM then restore NAND?

Thank you
Old 07-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
OMJ, finally got my Evo rooted and used your 1.7 rom but now I have your 1.9 Sapphire loaded and it is sweet. Great job and thank you for all your work for all of us out here.
I would recommend Titanium Backup. You can back-up settings & apps both singularly & via batch (if you buy the donate version).

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.kera...TitaniumBackup

If you do a nandroid backup you are backing up everything (system & apps). Thus, if you update, then do a nandroid restore, it'll take you back where you were originally. Nandroid is great if you are testing a new rom and it doesn't work out, you can restore back to the Rom you started with.
Example: I did a Nandroid backup of OMJ. I then flashed the CM RC1. I decided to go back to OMJ for a variety of reasons. Did Nandroid restore and I was back to OMJ w/ all settings & apps back in place.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
I am fully rooted. I used Quickboot, went to nandroid and its backing up now. After that I update the ROM then restore NAND?

Thank you
Well NAND restores the ROM too. If you do a NAND back up of say 1.7 then upgrade to 1.9 then do a NAND restore, you'll go back to 1.7. I'm not sure what you want to do. If you want just update to the new version and keep everything you have, you can update without wiping. It's when you change ROMs from one dev to another is when you should do a full wipe.

Also if you do an update over top your current setup, still do a NAND backup just in case something happens your phone bricks.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Well NAND restores the ROM too. If you do a NAND back up of say 1.7 then upgrade to 1.9 then do a NAND restore, you'll go back to 1.7. I'm not sure what you want to do. If you want just update to the new version and keep everything you have, you can update without wiping. It's when you change ROMs from one dev to another is when you should do a full wipe.

Also if you do an update over top your current setup, still do a NAND backup just in case something happens your phone bricks.
Thats what I thought. I just did a Titanium backup. I didn't know updating doesn't wipe. Again, Im used to WinMo. Anytime time I updated Mighty it wiped

On the sapphire theme. Ive got to say, I dodn't think Id like it being recolored, but damn thats a sexy blue. Thank you OMJ and all!

Last edited by subzero1313; 07-27-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
anything is possible, I havent backed up & restored dictionary.....but it sounds like the dev is using the ROM as a scapegoat.
I see. Well I guess I won't backup my dictionary then or find a different way
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thats what I thought. I just did a Titanium backup. I didn't know updating doesn't wipe. Again, Im used to WinMo. Anytime time I updated Mighty it wiped

On the sapphire theme. Ive got to say, I dodn't think Id like it being recolored, but damn thats a sexy blue. Thank you OMJ and all!
Hey sub, just thought I'd mention, like in WinMo if you flash and see ROM weirdness you'll need to wipe and reflash.
Check out OMJ Post #2 for another option once you get familiar
with DROID. It will show you how to pull your data.img from your nand backup as a way to easily restore your data. This will allow you to wipe, "cleanly" install the new ROM, and get your data back quickly.
In general it's never a bad idea to wipe IMO.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development