PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo
Carrier: Sprint

xfreak44 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Thanks OMJ!!
i love the emerald theme. the notification bar is sick with that wire mesh look. but i am not liking the menu bar at the top where the cell signal and 3G is, is there a way to change that back to the orginal one but keep the rest of the theme?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
Thanks OMJ!!
i love the emerald theme. the notification bar is sick with that wire mesh look. but i am not liking the menu bar at the top where the cell signal and 3G is, is there a way to change that back to the orginal one but keep the rest of the theme?
I did not create the theme, Konikub did. I am not sure which file is responsible for the top menu bar. I would recommend heading over to his EnamoRED thread & posting this question there. He may not have the original file, but if he can tell u which one it is, I'll have the original. Also, it's very possible the modified file contains more than just the top bar mods.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the help with the radios, fashed with the v17 file and fixed it.

On behalf of my spouse, she is hoping maybe a purple ROM is in the works. If not, can the colors just be changed or is it a little more involved??

She like the blue on her Evo, but purple is her fav. Thx OMJ!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Thanks for the help with the radios, fashed with the v17 file and fixed it.

On behalf of my spouse, she is hoping maybe a purple ROM is in the works. If not, can the colors just be changed or is it a little more involved??

She like the blue on her Evo, but purple is her fav. Thx OMJ!
well like I said, I don't create themes, just added them to the ROM....I could have sworn I seen a pink one somewhere.....have u looked in the themes forum?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

how about this one...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124205

lol, I like the bottom buttons

Last edited by OMJ; 07-26-2010 at 06:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ
lol, I like the bottom buttons
Wow, as if dont TWEAK my phone enough already
Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

dmora01 is just getting started

I just flashed the 1.9 rom and I liked a lot, good job mr OMJ!!
I have couple questions about this rom, I am comming from a stock rom and I want to know if your rom has any tweak for battery and performance and if the kernel is stock or can I use setcpu with no problems to keep it undercloked?
What is the difference between OMJ 1.9 and stock rom, I know the theme is one and no sprint apps but inside what is the difference?
I like this rom and I want to know what I have in my evo!!!! Thank u.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well like I said, I don't create themes, just added them to the ROM....I could have sworn I seen a pink one somewhere.....
Konikub (he did the Sapphire & the EnamoRED) just did something yesterday along those lines, a Cherub Theme:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719348

Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I did not create the theme, Konikub did. I am not sure which file is responsible for the top menu bar. I would recommend heading over to his EnamoRED thread & posting this question there. He may not have the original file, but if he can tell u which one it is, I'll have the original. Also, it's very possible the modified file contains more than just the top bar mods.
Thanks OMJ ill check it out
Old 07-26-2010, 07:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Konikub (he did the Sapphire & the EnamoRED) just did something yesterday along those lines, a Cherub Theme:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719348
yeah, that was the one I seen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0014 View Post
So I don't know if this is a general error with the build of sense on the evo, or an effect of this ROM, but I'm having a really strange sense error.

It all started last week, I was on v1.7 of the ROM. I was doing something with my phone and suddenly it rebooted itself. I'm pretty sure it just rebooted android, not the entire system, as it went straight to the Sprint splash screen. I think I was using the browser, but honestly I don't remember. When the phone booted back up, sense reset itself a second time. After that, I went to hit the "home" button and I got the option to choose either Android Mate or HTC sense. I checked the "use by default" checkbox and chose sense, and went on my way. Since then, the phone will hold the default for a few presses of the home button at most and then give me the "complete action using" selection box again. No matter what I do, it won't stick to sense as the default. Since then I've updated to both 1.8 and then 1.9, and I'm still having the problem. I'm sure that people are going to tell me to do a data wipe when I update... honestly I don't want to. I'm sick of running backups and restores and putting everything back the way I want it... I just want this to work haha. The only thing that has worked is to uninstall Android Mate... which I could do again, but I do use it sometimes. Any other thoughts?
hmmm, maybe this is the root cause?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129513
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I just flashed, no wipe. I've jumped back and forth between netarchy and the stock kernel a few times without issue.
How do I flash back to my older Kernerl. I tried the netarchy and I'm getting FC constantly along with the screen freezing up and all kinds of headaches.. I would like to go alllllll the way back to v1.7 ROM. If I data wipe everything and dalvik wipe then flash the bootloader ROM1 v1.7 will that take be back in time "When everything was nice and pretty for me... and I didn't feel Rage and Anger towards me EVO"

Would it be safe to assume that I don't want to use my current data.img either right? If I have problems now, will bringing back the user info mess things up if I downgrade from v1.9 to v1.7?

I'm gonna wait for an answer on this one and not experiment... I'll deal with the phone the way it is until tomorrow or something...

Thanks...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development