PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
How do I flash back to my older Kernerl.

I'm gonna wait for an answer on this one and not experiment... I'll deal with the phone the way it is until tomorrow or something...

Thanks...
Look at the very bottom of the first post...there is a link for the stock kernel.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129512

Although you would get a better answer in that thread since it doesn't really involve OMJ's ROMs....but why not just flash the stock kernel and see if you get a fix that way?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone else have a problem with answering calls while the phone is charging. I can't slide down to answer. Any suggestions?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Look at the very bottom of the first post...there is a link for the stock kernel.

Although you would get a better answer in that thread since it doesn't really involve OMJ's ROMs....but why not just flash the stock kernel and see if you get a fix that way?
I agree, try flashing the stock kernel 1st, if still having issues, flash 1.7...as far as wiping, you could try w/o wiping but if u still have issues, wipe & reflash

as much as I like not having to re-enter setting & data, sometimes it's better to wipe & start clean....
Old 07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So, to flash v1.9, I will first need to flash 1.7 and then flash 1.9 over it? Did I read that correctly?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with answering calls while the phone is charging. I can't slide down to answer. Any suggestions?
Does your screen work for anything else while charging? I ask as I bought a no-name charger that provided just a tad too much juice. The phone worked but the screen was did not respond. Other than that I've no issues with OMJ and the phone functions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyzac View Post
So, to flash v1.9, I will first need to flash 1.7 and then flash 1.9 over it? Did I read that correctly?
Yes as long as you never did the correct OTA update (OMJ 1.7 ROM1 or whitslacks ROM from xda)
Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

londawg314 is a n00b

Has anyone gotten full Flash working on 1.9?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

i am having a problems using my backup pro trying to back up my dictionary. i talked to the support at rerware they said it might be due to the rom. is any one else having problems backing up the dictionary and resorting it? the tech support guy said that it was because of the rom is this true can any one confirm this for me

Last edited by xfreak44; 07-27-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I agree, try flashing the stock kernel 1st, if still having issues, flash 1.7...as far as wiping, you could try w/o wiping but if u still have issues, wipe & reflash

as much as I like not having to re-enter setting & data, sometimes it's better to wipe & start clean....

thanks... I'll try the stock kernel first and see what happens...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post

Thanks... I'm gonna try that NOW..... I had nightmares last nite cuz of the phone locking up on me..

EDIT: Ok, went back to stock and then used the latest netarchy kernel - "Glutton for punishment" The phone is ROCKING right now.. Lets see how the day carries on...

I'm still iffy about the v1.9 blue and red themes. I got the red on now and not really feeling it... I think I read someone posting an OMJ EMERALD GREEN THEME somewhere around? Is there such an animal..

Thanks again..

"WHERE, OH WHERE IS MY $10.00 WORTH OF 4g....I'M TOLD I SHALL SOON BE ABLE TO SEE..."

Last edited by richarc93; 07-27-2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Updating my earlier post

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development