PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

wcoast1973 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/28/10*

I went back to 1.5 via a NAND restore. All through this I have no issues with root or NAND, at least once I reflashed the recovery image from ROM Manager.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Ok where are we at? I am on 1.6 and am still using the 6/18 update. The only thing not working for me is wifi tether and I tried just restoring the data, I didnt try uninstall and reinstalling from the market yet.

So where are we at? Is it safe to update to the new OTA and are all the bugs worked out. It seems from recent posts people are having lots of issues but its confusing. Can anyone list the current issues with this new OTA/ 6/28 update?

Also what method of root am I using? I did the manual root from this forum with nand back up as well? I know I am fully rooted but what is the method I used callled? Is it Toast method or whatever its called?

Thanks, Thomas
Old 06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yes, he used the update that was rooted by calk. Sprint (or HTC) pulled the update last night. Apparently it was bricking some non root phones (androidpolice.com)
OMJs ROM does not include the wimax update. You'd have to apply that separately.

I originally posted that the Wimax update broke my root but now I'm not sure. I know at least one other user lost root like I did and they just flashed the ROM, never touched wimax.
Edit:I should say it looked like I lost NAND unlock not root Part I.

I finally got a restore of 1.5 up and running so I'm gonna chill and see what OMJ says. There may be a new update coming from Sprint? Dunno.
Thanks on the heads up man... hopeful OMj includes the wimax update in rom 1.7 one with and one with out would love a one step process
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Ok where are we at? I am on 1.6 and am still using the 6/18 update. The only thing not working for me is wifi tether and I tried just restoring the data, I didnt try uninstall and reinstalling from the market yet.

So where are we at? Is it safe to update to the new OTA and are all the bugs worked out. It seems from recent posts people are having lots of issues but its confusing. Can anyone list the current issues with this new OTA/ 6/28 update?

Also what method of root am I using? I did the manual root from this forum with nand back up as well? I know I am fully rooted but what is the method I used callled? Is it Toast method or whatever its called?

Thanks, Thomas
The results from OMJ 1.6 are mixed some people are fine. Of those that are having minor issues 4G and WiFi (not tethering, connecting the phone to WiFi) seem not to be working. OMJ said to apply the Wimax update to correct 4G.
Some, like myself , had a mess to clean up. I lost at least part of my root, NAND got relocked it appears. I'm fine now on v1.5.
Sprint pulled the OTA update which was the main reason for OMJ v1.6. So I'm waiting on v1.5 to see what happens with the next OTA unless someone figures out what borked my root.

You are on toasts method of root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Thanks on the heads up man... hopeful OMj includes the wimax update in rom 1.7 one with and one with out would love a one step process
NP, like I said above I'm staying on 1.5 till the dust settles.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-29-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

I know that Sprint pulled the update, but they just sent me another. Does this mean they yet again have a update release ?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
I know that Sprint pulled the update, but they just sent me another. Does this mean they yet again have a update release ?
They said they'd resume the update once they investigated so that could mean it's back on track. Not seeing any news about it though.
You know not to touch it, right?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

awesomeindeed is a n00b

Well I updated to 1.6, still using the old radio... 4G connects just fine, wifi works, I did lose NAND unlock though, so that sucks.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeindeed View Post
Well I updated to 1.6, still using the old radio... 4G connects just fine, wifi works, I did lose NAND unlock though, so that sucks.
sounds like you're the only one, lol

ok, to clear up some confusion....I have already said this but will say it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
so it sounds like 4G is not working in v1.6.....does someone in 4G coverage want to test something? flash the rooted update. check to see if 4g is working, if not, install the wimax update and test.

I have a feeling there's something wrong w/ either the rooted rom or updated radio.....in any case, if u need 4g, stay on v1.5 w/o the updated radio/wimax....we'll have to wait see what comes out.....if anyone sees any updated info, please post it.
I am still running my latest v1.6 w/ no problems....though I am not in a 4g area, so I dont know if it would work or not, but based on most of the comments, chances are it would not. Wifi was initially broken on the 1st v1.6, but I fixed it just after midnight this morning. flashing the updated wimax radio provided by Calkulin will cause u to lose recovery, I'm not sure about NAND. I just used clockworks recovery with no problems.

If u need 4g, just stay on v1.5 for now, I'm sure there will be answers & solutions very soon.

if you're on v1.6 and getting force close on Wifi Tether, this is nothing new, this has been happening to me the last couple versions. All you have to do is uninstall wifi tether & reinstall. you can download from the market but it is a different version (ad-hoc), the version I am using is infrastructure, and I am installing from sd card. I will attach for those that want it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre2.apk (329.4 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
N00b

awesomeindeed is a n00b

I guess I was the only one... was being the keyword. I just flashed the new radio and Wimax update and it seems I can't connect to 4G. At least that's what I'm thinking. I was actually connected for about 2 seconds but then the connection dropped and it went back to scanning and 'connecting'.

Gonna restore my 1.5 and hope for the best.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 PM
N00b

awesomeindeed is a n00b

Calkulin has a new Wimax update.zip that flashes the wimax radio successfully. I just tried it and it works with your 1.6 just fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20100629_192204.jpg (40.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by awesomeindeed; 06-29-2010 at 08:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development