PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
hmmm, my battery seems to be doing pretty good, especially after charge bumping every morning.....if you're not using a sbc kernel I would recommend. I usually take my phone off the charger when I first get up, as usual it drops to 90% in no time. I put the phone back on the charger for 30-45min, then it takes 3-4 hrs to get to 90%.....makes a big difference.

I also have cache cleaner auto run every morning

lol, nice avatar!
OMJ, which SBC kernel you using, the V.8 bump?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
OMJ, which SBC kernel you using, the V.8 bump?
I'm not using a sbc kernel.....just stock kernel
Old 01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

tkelly311 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

After installing 4.5, when I press the soft + button to add an item to my home screen it launches my browser. I looked around but didn't notice anything about this already posted. Was this intentional or will the be fixed. It's not a huge deal, just kind of a pain when trying to add items to folders since you have to add it to the home screen then drag it to the folder.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly311 View Post
After installing 4.5, when I press the soft + button to add an item to my home screen it launches my browser. I looked around but didn't notice anything about this already posted. Was this intentional or will the be fixed. It's not a huge deal, just kind of a pain when trying to add items to folders since you have to add it to the home screen then drag it to the folder.
yes, this is intentional.....to change the right button, goto programs, rosie settings, and u can change it
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: na

evousr1205 is a n00b

I have searched this thread but haven't seen anyone have this issue, so i thought I would ask. Is it normal after apply rom (any version since 4.1) I loose all of my images (gallery). I am currently on 4.3 and this happened then also. Usual steps for me to apply rom is wip chache and dalvic then apply zip from sd. Has this process changed?

I also lost the home screen when I first trying to goto 4.5. I reverted back to a 4.3 backup i had.

Any ideas?

Sa
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: na

evousr1205 is a n00b

Oh yhea sorry. OMJ GREAT JOB and thanks for you time on these roms!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evousr1205 View Post
I have searched this thread but haven't seen anyone have this issue, so i thought I would ask. Is it normal after apply rom (any version since 4.1) I loose all of my images (gallery). I am currently on 4.3 and this happened then also. Usual steps for me to apply rom is wip chache and dalvic then apply zip from sd. Has this process changed?

I also lost the home screen when I first trying to goto 4.5. I reverted back to a 4.3 backup i had.

Any ideas?

Sa
no, it's not normal to lose your images.....they should be stored on the sd card, unless you're mistakingly wiping the sd card.

as far as your home screen, if u wipe data you will lose any changes to your home screen, and will see the default screen from the rom. if you're not wiping data, it should stay the same.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Omj, when I hit the search button on the bottom the Google search comes up but is grayed out. How do you fix this

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Disregard a reboot fixed this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICALifornia View Post
In that case, here it is.

The last package I uploaded had one flawed frame, but I've fixed that. It isn't playing quite right on my phone though.

Anyone else want to help out in that aspect?
hey, how about a boot animation like this

YouTube - Boot animation- MyTouch 4Gish

Index of /android/bootanimations

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development