PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

acenpkt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
YEP!!!! That's the one!!! But with OMJ on it!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: na

evousr1205 is a n00b

Quote:
no, it's not normal to lose your images.....they should be stored on the sd card, unless you're mistakingly wiping the sd card.

sdcard not wiped. all other files still located on sd card like normal
as far as your home screen, if u wipe data you will lose any changes to your home screen, and will see the default screen from the rom. if you're not wiping data, it should stay the same.
Only wipe was the cache and Dalvic. Everything on 32gb sd card still there (9gb of data / a few omj roms). Backups from Titanium, mp3, docs and Rom backups.

I would have no home screen at all, not even the default one.

Anyone else with a 32gb sd card see this?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evousr1205
Quote:
no, it's not normal to lose your images.....they should be stored on the sd card, unless you're mistakingly wiping the sd card.

sdcard not wiped. all other files still located on sd card like normal
as far as your home screen, if u wipe data you will lose any changes to your home screen, and will see the default screen from the rom. if you're not wiping data, it should stay the same.
Only wipe was the cache and Dalvic. Everything on 32gb sd card still there (9gb of data / a few omj roms). Backups from Titanium, mp3, docs and Rom backups.

I would have no home screen at all, not even the default one.

Anyone else with a 32gb sd card see this?
It may be a conflict with your data.... try doing a backup then wipe all then flash.... see I'd u still have that issue
Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah! Anything that slams Mac is cool by me!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

rsmalls is a n00b

v4.5 in ROM Manager?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Yeah! Anything that slams Mac is cool by me!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
You may like this wallpaper then

Ninjas AND Apple bashing....who could ask for more???

*not my image

Last edited by iknowsquat; 01-29-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Lurker

fraggboy is a n00b

I installed the boot animation using pushboot2 here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...sYAHxg&cad=rja . Download the bootanimations file and name that zip folder "bootanimation". Unzip pushboot2. You will see a folder called 'bootanimations" with a couple of other animation zip files inside. Remove those and place the folder you renamed in there, as well as the root folder (I'm not sure which folder it HAS to be in, thus adding both. Run pushboot and follow the instructions. Very easy.

Only bad thing is that my Evo cuts off Andriod zapping apple. :'(
Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

I routinely like to run nandroid to create a backup of my system. Today, I started nandroid about 45 minutes ago and it's still churning away (incrementing dots). I plugged in the charger and it's not registering. Would it be safe for me to do a battery pull or hold down power? I have a 3500mah battery that was about 70% charged when I started the nandroid. It usually takes about 5 minutes a backup. I just set the backup and went to lunch and noticed it churning away when I came back. Any suggestions?

Update: Just did a battery pull and everything is fine. Ill probably run a nandroid overnight to see what happens. I have two 3500mah batteries so if it's dead, i can still resurrect it in the morning. Either way, I suspect it could be a bad flash that is causing the hang up. The phone works perfectly so i see no need to flash from scratch. Does anyone still use titanium backup or has something else come out since? I have the latest ROM running. I got the device when it first came out (and did a full root then pre 2.2 days). I've been only running OMJ roms since I got the device. Never thought about deviating because, frankly, it works.

Last edited by hindjew; 01-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I routinely like to run nandroid to create a backup of my system. Today, I started nandroid about 45 minutes ago and it's still churning away (incrementing dots). I plugged in the charger and it's not registering. Would it be safe for me to do a battery pull or hold down power? I have a 3500mah battery that was about 70% charged when I started the nandroid. It usually takes about 5 minutes a backup. I just set the backup and went to lunch and noticed it churning away when I came back. Any suggestions?

Update: Just did a battery pull and everything is fine. Ill probably run a nandroid overnight to see what happens. I have two 3500mah batteries so if it's dead, i can still resurrect it in the morning. Either way, I suspect it could be a bad flash that is causing the hang up. The phone works perfectly so i see no need to flash from scratch. Does anyone still use titanium backup or has something else come out since? I have the latest ROM running. I got the device when it first came out (and did a full root then pre 2.2 days). I've been only running OMJ roms since I got the device. Never thought about deviating because, frankly, it works.
It's a know issue with amon's recovery. Wipe the dalvik cache and try it again. I believe this was fixed in the new beta version- 2.3 IIRC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
peep, stocks, news&weather(google, not the htc widget), youtube, titanium backup, footprints, friendstream (or at least have the ability to uninstall them on our own)
There is zero reason to remove footprints. If you knew what it did and how to use it, you wouldn't want to trash it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

-MightyMike was here.... true story!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development