View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 PM
hindjew
PPCGeeks Regular

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

I routinely like to run nandroid to create a backup of my system. Today, I started nandroid about 45 minutes ago and it's still churning away (incrementing dots). I plugged in the charger and it's not registering. Would it be safe for me to do a battery pull or hold down power? I have a 3500mah battery that was about 70% charged when I started the nandroid. It usually takes about 5 minutes a backup. I just set the backup and went to lunch and noticed it churning away when I came back. Any suggestions?

Update: Just did a battery pull and everything is fine. Ill probably run a nandroid overnight to see what happens. I have two 3500mah batteries so if it's dead, i can still resurrect it in the morning. Either way, I suspect it could be a bad flash that is causing the hang up. The phone works perfectly so i see no need to flash from scratch. Does anyone still use titanium backup or has something else come out since? I have the latest ROM running. I got the device when it first came out (and did a full root then pre 2.2 days). I've been only running OMJ roms since I got the device. Never thought about deviating because, frankly, it works.

Last edited by hindjew; 01-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.