View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
chas123
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I routinely like to run nandroid to create a backup of my system. Today, I started nandroid about 45 minutes ago and it's still churning away (incrementing dots). I plugged in the charger and it's not registering. Would it be safe for me to do a battery pull or hold down power? I have a 3500mah battery that was about 70% charged when I started the nandroid. It usually takes about 5 minutes a backup. I just set the backup and went to lunch and noticed it churning away when I came back. Any suggestions?

Update: Just did a battery pull and everything is fine. Ill probably run a nandroid overnight to see what happens. I have two 3500mah batteries so if it's dead, i can still resurrect it in the morning. Either way, I suspect it could be a bad flash that is causing the hang up. The phone works perfectly so i see no need to flash from scratch. Does anyone still use titanium backup or has something else come out since? I have the latest ROM running. I got the device when it first came out (and did a full root then pre 2.2 days). I've been only running OMJ roms since I got the device. Never thought about deviating because, frankly, it works.
It's a know issue with amon's recovery. Wipe the dalvik cache and try it again. I believe this was fixed in the new beta version- 2.3 IIRC
This post has been thanked 1 times.