View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/28/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Ok where are we at? I am on 1.6 and am still using the 6/18 update. The only thing not working for me is wifi tether and I tried just restoring the data, I didnt try uninstall and reinstalling from the market yet.

So where are we at? Is it safe to update to the new OTA and are all the bugs worked out. It seems from recent posts people are having lots of issues but its confusing. Can anyone list the current issues with this new OTA/ 6/28 update?

Also what method of root am I using? I did the manual root from this forum with nand back up as well? I know I am fully rooted but what is the method I used callled? Is it Toast method or whatever its called?

Thanks, Thomas
The results from OMJ 1.6 are mixed some people are fine. Of those that are having minor issues 4G and WiFi (not tethering, connecting the phone to WiFi) seem not to be working. OMJ said to apply the Wimax update to correct 4G.
Some, like myself , had a mess to clean up. I lost at least part of my root, NAND got relocked it appears. I'm fine now on v1.5.
Sprint pulled the OTA update which was the main reason for OMJ v1.6. So I'm waiting on v1.5 to see what happens with the next OTA unless someone figures out what borked my root.

You are on toasts method of root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Thanks on the heads up man... hopeful OMj includes the wimax update in rom 1.7 one with and one with out would love a one step process
NP, like I said above I'm staying on 1.5 till the dust settles.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-29-2010 at 04:55 PM.