PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nvrnugh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Like I've posted before, I cant think of a way themes could significantly effect batt life. To be sure I went to the source konikub. He confirmed what I was thinking:

Thanks for the info. I am a complete noob so all I know is I have loaded the Roms one by one the same way with no issues and use my phone the same way each day. The battery is just well crappy.

I will go to 1.8 and drop 1.9 red
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
the last time i checked sir, you were asking me.
Wow. Do you even try at all?

Let's end our shenanigans lest we clutter OMJ's thread with our sophomoric rantings.
I'll flame you in PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrnugh View Post
Like I've posted before, I cant think of a way themes could significantly effect batt life. To be sure I went to the source konikub. He confirmed what I was thinking:

Thanks for the info. I am a complete noob so all I know is I have loaded the Roms one by one the same way with no issues and use my phone the same way each day. The battery is just well crappy.

I will go to 1.8 and drop 1.9 red
Just curious-for you what is "loaded ROMs one by one the same way"?
If you weren't wiping before and had successful installs then your maybe your luck ran out with 1.9? Just a thought.
Like I said above-you could try a wipe and re-flash. A re-install of the ROM may help.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:46 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

hold the pm's.........I already got the update...I'm wingin it here but the kitchen is warmin up....
Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started

Just curious-for you what is "loaded ROMs one by one the same way"?
If you weren't wiping before and had successful installs then your maybe your luck ran out with 1.9? Just a thought.
Like I said above-you could try a wipe and re-flash. A re-install of the ROM may help.

Yeah I wipe cache etc. every time twice considering what I've read. Maybe I will just try putting it on again. I was surpised other than having a few questions truly its gone well and I enjoy showing off to my noobier to scared to try friends

If you think of anything else let me know. Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

I can assume we'll have a sapphired froyo when OMJ has finished working his awesomeness?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
hold the pm's.........I already got the update...I'm wingin it here but the kitchen is warmin up....
Cook cook cook hahaha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

omj, when you say you already got the updates and kitchen is warming up, does that mean you have a froyo 2.2 update that you are cooking? I hope so and that it is not a deoxed rom as I hate the stock sense flip clock from the 50's and want to keep using godzsons gloss blue clock in sense. all your odexed roms rocked, didn't like deodexed 1.8 but did like 1.9 saphire except the fact that running godzsons clock made clock go away completley (not even if I clicked add/widget as it wasn't even a widget to add) and toastmods kernel that was to fix the fps issue. Those only worked on your odexed roms and I can't seem to download 1.8 as though you removed it from your site. Or my phone is going nuts and wont find the link to dl.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
I can assume we'll have a sapphired froyo when OMJ has finished working his awesomeness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
omj, when you say you already got the updates and kitchen is warming up, does that mean you have a froyo 2.2 update that you are cooking? I hope so and that it is not a deoxed rom as I hate the stock sense flip clock from the 50's and want to keep using godzsons gloss blue clock in sense. all your odexed roms rocked, didn't like deodexed 1.8 but did like 1.9 saphire except the fact that running godzsons clock made clock go away completley (not even if I clicked add/widget as it wasn't even a widget to add) and toastmods kernel that was to fix the fps issue. Those only worked on your odexed roms and I can't seem to download 1.8 as though you removed it from your site. Or my phone is going nuts and wont find the link to dl.
The DL links for 1.8 are right below the screen shots of 1.9 on Post #1.
As far as current mods go there may be issues with them working as they were written for Eclair-just a guess.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

thanks mr. squat. if he finishes cooking and uploading before my 2 hr dl finishes for 1.8, i will start a new dl of froyo. otherwise i will flash back (hope no issues going backwards) and wait.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
I'm going through the official update....it's abit tricky, as the update patches a majority of the apks in /system, so I'm seeing what I can do to cook it up

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development