PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

androidnewbie.

i'm at work and bored. so i think ima stalk you for awhile. MM and ziggy won't let me stalk them anymore.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
androidnewbie.

i'm at work and bored. so i think ima stalk you for awhile. MM and ziggy won't let me stalk them anymore.
I am waiting to see if Mighty switches over from WM>

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
I am waiting to see if Mighty switches over from WM>
i had heard a rumor that he was working on an android kitchen. but it was only a rumor and i haven't personally talked to him about it. it could have been someone jerking my chain. wait...no...it couldn't be that...who would wanna jerk my chain??? lol
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
OMJ you've got some work to do now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/29/e...omorrow-loads/
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
excuseme OMJ could you tell me if you have ready your grill lol, froyo is here tomorrow and i really like the way that you cook best room eeeevaaaa

here's the thing....we dont know what else is being upgraded w/ the System....I would assume the radio & maybe wimax, but who knows....I would also assume a different recovery and/or boot.img to prevent root.

what we really need is the ruu....I'm sure it wont take long for someone to release a rooted stock 2.2, just as Calkulin did w/ the latest OTA, the problem was with the wimax update, and it turned into a big mess, it wasnt till we had the ruu, that we were able to get the complete OTA update.

so it's a waiting game...the OTA 2.2 update is useless until someone releases the files need to cook/flash. hopefully it will be soon

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, IF U SEE A STOCK 2.2 ROM RELEASED, PM ME!!! SQUAT, IF U SEE ANYTHING, TEXT ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Finally got my phone to accept this rom... thanks to who all help me out. the only thing that is not working is the sapphire wallpaper is not showing up and I can not find it in the wallpaper gallery. I might done something wrong again. What do I need to get that on my phone...

Thanks....Tannerj
if u flashed 1.9 Sapphire...the sapphire wallpaper is default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
You can get full root on 1.47.651.1 but you have to use SimpleRoot OTA found at XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

The new phones from sprint come with 1.47 now or at least mine did manuf. 6/30/2010
just curious, but which PRI would u have after simple root ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
OMJ what did you change between 1.7 and 1.9EnamoRed, for some reason after i upgraded to 1.9 my battery life sucks i don't even use the phone it drains way to fast. I kill all tasks that i don't need or use. also my phone feels a lot hotter. maybe its just me but something is wrong.
7/23 Updates (v1.9)

-EnamoRED & Sapphire Themed ROMs
-updated Titanium Backup to 3.3.2
-updated ROM Manager to 2.0.1.2
-updated Advanced Task Killer to 1.9.0

7/18 Updates (v1.8 )

-added app2sd (untested)
-fixed deodexed ROM
-updated Android Mate to 1.1.5
-updated Titanium Backup to 3.3.0
-updated ROM Manager to 2.0.0.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok... I'm running into a snag now.. I can't get the data.img to load up. I get the following error when I type "fastboot flash userdata data.img"

sending 'userdata' <304138 kb> ... FAILED <remote: data length is too large>

I did a ROM manager backup and I'm using the data.img from it to try and restore my stuff.. What I did was go from v1.9enamored to v1.8 (I'm not liking the themes..)
Could it be that since I'm downgrading I'm getting the error? v1.9 to v.1.8??? HELP, PLEASE.. I've Wiped and I can't backup

EDIT:
I just realized the backup is WIERD... For some reason it's PREDATED to 7/30/2010 at 1:20AM?? I did the backup 7/29/2010 around 9:30PM.. Why would it have another date?? CRAP.. I hope my phone doesn't have a virus now??

EDIT #2:
Note to Self: ROM Manager BACKUP, Make sure you do ROM Manager RESTORE.
I just learned that the data.img file created with ROm Manager would not restore under fastboot and using pc cmd window. I kept getting errors. So I went to recovery and found the restore and it took me to the ROM Manager backups. I did advanced restore and only selected DATA. And a few minutes later.. EVERYTHING is back.. I hope it runs good though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
What can cause the data.img file to big that size? I have a lot of apps.. Some of the apps I noticed are over 3 or 4 Mbs large.... I got everything working now but if think the large data.img could be causing problems I'd rather start fresh..

My Nandroid backups are similar in size to the ones that rom manager is making. I have a feeling it's the apps I got installed? Could the large apps make the data.img large?
dont worry about the pre-date....I've seen that too

300mb is pretty big for data.img but yes the more apps you have the larger it will be, I've seen over 100mb.

didnt know about the advanced restore.....nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Omj just a question why does my overheats while im using 3g setting on?

This never happened to me until today ..

The phone was super hot i had to remove the battery and let it cool down
your guess is as good as mine....typically the phone gets hot when there is something running nonstop....I'd reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
spoke to sprint tier 2 and he said sprint will be "pushing" the update aug 3rd but if we want it ASAP, we can manually install it today after 12pm(central)...

So question is this: My evo is rooted with this rom, I know if I update im going to loose root. do we wait for the rom to be made for us? or is OMJ going to make a rom based on the new updates? sorry for the question im new to android.
just as mr. squat said, I would wait until a custom 2.2 rom is out or u risk losing root foreverrrrrrr

manually install? did they say how? I checked HTC's website, no link yet....my guess is that you can check for an available OTA from the phone, which is no gooooood
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started

Battery Life???????????????

Have we figured out what's going on???

I have loaded all your roms and I have gotten 2 days from my phone but now with 1.9 red I barely make it home from work in one day?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrnugh View Post
Battery Life???????????????

Have we figured out what's going on???

I have loaded all your roms and I have gotten 2 days from my phone but now with 1.9 red I barely make it home from work in one day?!?!?!?!?!?
well, try loading 1.8
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

09busa is a n00b

OMJ I can not wait for you to upgrade to the 2.2 coming next week. Work your magic and keep making the world very very happy.......
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

thanks for the help, OMJ great friggin Rom bro, u never fail to satisfy us bro, I been using your roms since the htc touch days lol. Ill do what ya said, and wait for u to release the rooted 2.2, and im not sure why ppl are getting horrible battery life from the enamoRed while im getting great battery life also using overclock widget also and get almost 16hours of life which is great for me
Sprint 4g speed:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
i had heard a rumor that he was working on an android kitchen. but it was only a rumor and i haven't personally talked to him about it. it could have been someone jerking my chain. wait...no...it couldn't be that...who would wanna jerk my chain??? lol
Well FIRST you have to stop jerking it for anyone else to even consider it (not me, stop asking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ
SQUAT, IF U SEE ANYTHING, TEXT ME!
I'm on it, keeping my eyes peeled
Prepared for an all nighter if I have to

THEMES & BATTERY LIFE

Like I've posted before, I cant think of a way themes could significantly effect batt life. To be sure I went to the source konikub. He confirmed what I was thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikub
But to answer your question....no themes should not change the life of the battery at all, just the images Hope this helps....
He did say some themes include apps that have custom taskbar icons but they are basic system apps that are in any ROM like VM, Messaging, or GPS. So while they MAY effect batt life it's not going to be significant.
My themed batt life is awesome (Aloysius applied over 1.9 EnamoRED).
If yours seems off then verify that your system settings on those basic apps have not changed. If they are the same then try a reflash.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Well FIRST you have to stop jerking it for anyone else to even consider it (not me, stop asking)
the last time i checked sir, you were asking me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development