PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

reboot ur phone and try again, its not seeing the supervisory user permission. Also if you miss a step then it will do that also. double check it!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ekt8750 is just getting started

OMJ you've got some work to do now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/29/e...omorrow-loads/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would have had the Sapphire theme in Froyo except for the rosie.apk I couldn't sign it and it wouldn't install after I edited it.

Droidrox39
Old 07-29-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Finally got my phone to accept this rom... thanks to who all help me out. the only thing that is not working is the sapphire wallpaper is not showing up and I can not find it in the wallpaper gallery. I might done something wrong again. What do I need to get that on my phone...

Thanks....Tannerj
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You can get full root on 1.47.651.1 but you have to use SimpleRoot OTA found at XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

The new phones from sprint come with 1.47 now or at least mine did manuf. 6/30/2010
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
You can get full root on 1.47.651.1 but you have to use SimpleRoot OTA found at XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

The new phones from sprint come with 1.47 now or at least mine did manuf. 6/30/2010

This is the 1 I used. however I could not tell you how I got back down to 1.17xxxxx

thanks zone23 for finding this, now I don't feel so stupid... I am at work and was unable to remember were I found it at.

Tannerj
Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Finally got my phone to accept this rom... thanks to who all help me out. the only thing that is not working is the sapphire wallpaper is not showing up and I can not find it in the wallpaper gallery. I might done something wrong again. What do I need to get that on my phone...

Thanks....Tannerj
I zipped up a bunch of themed wallpapers here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1279933685
(there are three Sapphire ones to choose from)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
This is the 1 I used. however I could not tell you how I got back down to 1.17xxxxx

thanks zone23 for finding this, now I don't feel so stupid... I am at work and was unable to remember were I found it at.

Tannerj
Simple root is what got you back to 1.17. It puts you back to a rooted ROM but older software. That's why you need/should do the OTA update to get back up to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
OMJ you've got some work to do now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/29/e...omorrow-loads/
YES! Cant wait to accept that OTA!

(for those unaware this is a joke, do NOT accept the OTA, wait for it to get rooted. My $ is on three days. What's the over/under? LOL)

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can't wait for 2.2. Thinking of trying out the cyanogen when all the kinks are worked out. Suppose to be crazy fast.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
While you have the latest radio and wimax, you sig says 4G is 'broken'. If you didn't do whitslacks update from xda then you didn't get the FULL OTA update-its more than radio and wimax.
You should do 1.7 ROM1 then the version of your choice.
Oh and update your PRL you're one version behind

EDIT:Once updated correctly you could see faster 3G, wifi, 4G , better batt life and a grounded screen.
No 4G works just fine forgot to update my sig after my last upgrade. My phone actually came with the new software out the box so I had to do the new Root Method
Old 07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Ok so I just got my replacement brand new white evo today, I need to know how to root it with the newest OTA (It came updated). So the old root method that got stickied won't work?

I was going to wait and just get the Froyo upgrade soon, but it will probably prevent root. So someone please tell me what to do so I can't go back!
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development