PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:50 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

here's a mirror courtesy of efuse...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xji80v
Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Systemfraud is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Systemfraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
woohoo,THANKS... just got home from work.....gotta flash this b4 bed ....thx Squat for textin me to let me know!!!

damn....it's downloading slowwww....gee I wonder how many ppl are downloading, lol
Glad to help! Hope all goes well! My download just finished! =D>

Edit: Sorry for double post, my stuff glitched. >_>

Last edited by Systemfraud; 07-31-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

and just like that....FROYO is here, it is very nice!....I will have a custom Froyo ROM ready later today have a good night!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
and just like that....FROYO is here, it is very nice!....I will have a custom Froyo ROM ready later today have a good night!
Is the update being put out OTA.. I'm gonna use my wife's phone now and check. Hers isn't rooted...

Can't wait for your ROM...

L8r..
Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So whats up with root? Can we play around and flash yours tomorrow or will we have to root al over?

Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Is the update being put out OTA.. I'm gonna use my wife's phone now and check. Hers isn't rooted...

Can't wait for your ROM...

L8r..
OTA's will start on Tuesday. You MIGHT be able to manually check for an update but I heard that wasnt working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
So whats up with root? Can we play around and flash yours tomorrow or will we have to root al over?
The version released is rooted, no need to do anything but flash it like any other ROM. I'm booted into the Stock one now and testing it. OMJ's will be like any other update but there is a new radio and wimax to go along with Froyo.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
OTA's will start on Tuesday. You MIGHT be able to manually check for an update but I heard that wasnt working.

The version released is rooted, no need to do anything but flash it like any other ROM. I'm booted into the Stock one now and testing it. OMJ's will be like any other update but there is a new radio and wimax to go along with Froyo.
Is it safe to try it out? If anything goes wrong can we go back to older ROMs? What about the radios? Can those be reverted also... I'll do a nand backup "again" and wait 'till tomorrow (lol, crap it is tomorrow..... Well, wait for a little while)

Nite, ppl..
Old 07-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Is it safe to try it out? If anything goes wrong can we go back to older ROMs? What about the radios? Can those be reverted also... I'll do a nand backup "again" and wait 'till tomorrow (lol, crap it is tomorrow..... Well, wait for a little while)

Nite, ppl..
It's safe to try the ROOTED version that was posted a page back. On you wife's unrooted phone if you accept any official updates there's no telling when/if you'll be able to root that device, just fyi.
Yes you can go backwards if you need to on ROMs and radios.

FYI-for anyone wondering the current Froyo does NOT upgrade the PRI-at least not by flashing netarchy's files.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
It's safe to try the ROOTED version that was posted a page back. On you wife's unrooted phone if you accept any official updates there's no telling when/if you'll be able to root that device, just fyi.
Yes you can go backwards if you need to on ROMs and radios.

FYI-for anyone wondering the current Froyo does NOT upgrade the PRI-at least not by flashing netarchy's files.
Checked the wife's phone and NADA.. No updates.. Guess they will roll out Tuesday.

Is it worth taking froyo for a spin right now or give it a few hours and see what you and OMJ come back with later today???

If I nand backup will the data.img restore work under froyo? Have you tried it?

Thanks... Going to sleep now.. I downloaded the netarchy files (ROM, and radios..) but I'll try them later today.. Need some sleep.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I've been meaning to ask this question but I keep forgetting to..
Any recommendations on what sd card I should upgrade my 8gb to?

Now I'm really going to sleep.. Later ppl..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development