PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

I fully rooted my phone along with my wifes and when I go into the Software Info this is what I see.

Wife's Baseband Version 1.36.00.04.02
My baseband Version 2.05.00.06.10

Both phones are on V1.9 Saph and Im just trying to see where I went wrong on my wifes or my phone so I can have them the same.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
I fully rooted my phone along with my wifes and when I go into the Software Info this is what I see.

Both phones are on V1.9 Saph and Im just trying to see where I went wrong on my wifes or my phone so I can have them the same.
your wife's radio was not fully upgrade
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Youknowlots....(lol)...I still can't get fb contacts to sync either..running blue 1.9...also di you flash netarchy's kernel and if yes or no why? Trying to read about kernel's and what they do and all I see is fps this and limpak stuff..not sure that means to much to me..I need performance for a heavy business user...thanks
Yes, I'm currently running netarchy's kernel. His kernel will do a few things, namely allow higher fps (Frames Per Second) while playing video, allow 5 point multitouch (if you have the correct sensor-see his thread) and the biggest reason for tweaking the kernel is CPU speed.
While I have NEVER been dissatisfied with any OMJ ROM's performance...I just wanted to try a modded kernel.
I does quicken the system. I dont know how critical a criteria mflops is (a speed variable of CPU performance) but I did see about a 25% increase.
Still looking into the fps and the multitouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Same here with fb but odd it linked all my contacts in photo albums but not in phone contacts.
Very odd.
Well I USED to be able to sync contacts but as an experiment I deleted my FB account and when I re-established it I could no longer sync contacts.
Hope you guys are happy!
j/k It looks like HTC is still having FB issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juortiz85 View Post
I have a concern about my evo. I currently have all the roms setup. The latest v1.9 and everything else you had put up before that. Now when i try to use my sprint navigation or google navigation and speed test app they will open and then restart my phone. It happens every-time i open it. Is there something i missed? I need some help fixing this issue. Thanks..
I'd re-wipe and re-flash. All those apps are working fine here and with so many basic apps malfunctioning you'd surely see other posts about it if it were ROM related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post

Well that's the radio (like Nygel said). Did you do a different OTA update on your phone vs hers? Did you get them at the same time?
Did you root hers and then jump right to 1.9?
I would flash OMJ 1.7 ROM1 on hers and as long as her unit is fully rooted you'll get the latest radio on her device. Then bring her back to 1.9.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

[QUOTE=iknowsquat;1883048]Yes, I'm currently running netarchy's kernel. His kernel will do a few things, namely allow higher fps (Frames Per Second) while playing video, allow 5 point multitouch (if you have the correct sensor-see his thread) and the biggest reason for tweaking the kernel is CPU speed.
While I have NEVER been dissatisfied with any OMJ ROM's performance...I just wanted to try a modded kernel.
I does quicken the system. I dont know how critical a criteria mflops is (a speed variable of CPU performance) but I did see about a 25% increase.
Still looking into the fps and the multitouch.

I'm about to try netarchy's kernel. I got setcpu from the app market thinking I wouldn't have to use a new kernel but that didn't work. No increase when I run the benchmarks. So I'm gonna flash the overclocking kernel and see what happens.

What is the difference between 5 and 3 multitouch sensor? I have the 3.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey has anyone been able to send a video mms with this ROM? I can't send them. Nobody ever gets them, and I don't get any error messages.

Someone on another forum confirmed theirs was working but their phone is stock.

Come to think of it, I sent a couple videos that were recieved when my phone was stock too.

Does anyone have working mms- specifically the ability to send a video mms and have the recipient actually get it?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Hey has anyone been able to send a video mms with this ROM? I can't send them. Nobody ever gets them, and I don't get any error messages.

Come to think of it, I sent a couple videos that were recieved when my phone was stock too.

Does anyone have working mms- specifically the ability to send a video mms and have the recipient actually get it?

I can't get QIK or Fring to work on neither my stock (wife's) or my ROOTEd phone... I remember testing video conferencing using QIK a few days after I got the phones (around june 6 or 7) but for the past few days I've been tryhing QIK and Fring and none work... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong..
I haven't tried sending a video MMS but I have sent PICs via MMS and it's worked fine.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah picture mms works fine. I can recieve videos just fine too. I just can't send a video to anyone and have them actually recieve it...
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Does it come in black? Just curious not a huge fan of the new themes.

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Does it come in black? Just curious not a huge fan of the new themes.
1.8 is for you.

Now my issue. So I decided to try the apps2sd thing using the method from KarlE and everything seemed to go fine. I flashed sapphire but forgot to wipe data/factory and it was an exact setup of my phone previous to sapphire except now the new theme is there. I wanted to go back and wipe data/factory so I can do the apps2sd thing and I did along with Davlik cache and cache. Now stuck in boot loop. Ive never experienced this before so I just restored a nand backup.

My question is how come if I wipe data/factory, I get the boot loop, if I dont its all golden? I will keep trying, got nothing better to do tonight.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm about to try netarchy's kernel. I got setcpu from the app market thinking I wouldn't have to use a new kernel but that didn't work. No increase when I run the benchmarks. So I'm gonna flash the overclocking kernel and see what happens.

What is the difference between 5 and 3 multitouch sensor? I have the 3.
The difference is 2 (Thank you! I'll be here all week)
lol-i have the 3 point sensor as well.
It's literally the amount of different simultaneous inputs the screen can sense but I dont know all the practical applications. I assume it would have the most significant application in gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

Only the lowest resolutions can send otherwise the file is just too large.
Try knocking your resolution down to the lowest CIF and take it.
I can send short vids at that resolution, only @ 15sec in length.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development