View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Youknowlots....(lol)...I still can't get fb contacts to sync either..running blue 1.9...also di you flash netarchy's kernel and if yes or no why? Trying to read about kernel's and what they do and all I see is fps this and limpak stuff..not sure that means to much to me..I need performance for a heavy business user...thanks
Yes, I'm currently running netarchy's kernel. His kernel will do a few things, namely allow higher fps (Frames Per Second) while playing video, allow 5 point multitouch (if you have the correct sensor-see his thread) and the biggest reason for tweaking the kernel is CPU speed.
While I have NEVER been dissatisfied with any OMJ ROM's performance...I just wanted to try a modded kernel.
I does quicken the system. I dont know how critical a criteria mflops is (a speed variable of CPU performance) but I did see about a 25% increase.
Still looking into the fps and the multitouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Same here with fb but odd it linked all my contacts in photo albums but not in phone contacts.
Very odd.
Well I USED to be able to sync contacts but as an experiment I deleted my FB account and when I re-established it I could no longer sync contacts.
Hope you guys are happy!
j/k It looks like HTC is still having FB issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juortiz85 View Post
I have a concern about my evo. I currently have all the roms setup. The latest v1.9 and everything else you had put up before that. Now when i try to use my sprint navigation or google navigation and speed test app they will open and then restart my phone. It happens every-time i open it. Is there something i missed? I need some help fixing this issue. Thanks..
I'd re-wipe and re-flash. All those apps are working fine here and with so many basic apps malfunctioning you'd surely see other posts about it if it were ROM related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
I fully rooted my phone along with my wifes and when I go into the Software Info this is what I see.

Wife's Baseband Version 1.36.00.04.02
My baseband Version 2.05.00.06.10

Both phones are on V1.9 Saph and Im just trying to see where I went wrong on my wifes or my phone so I can have them the same.
Well that's the radio (like Nygel said). Did you do a different OTA update on your phone vs hers? Did you get them at the same time?
Did you root hers and then jump right to 1.9?
I would flash OMJ 1.7 ROM1 on hers and as long as her unit is fully rooted you'll get the latest radio on her device. Then bring her back to 1.9.