PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Scryptik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Android is set by default to first search for a GSM signal then goes to CDMA.
When you set your network type you bypass that GSM search, saving some battery juice.
You want to set it to CDMA auto (PRL)
When you run Network it will say that by default.
In Eclair it was reported to be a visual glitch and it was really set to GSM. It was advised to switch it anyway.
I do not know if it was fixed for Froyo.
So I set it to something else, exited Network, then went back in to change it back-just in case.
This is a setting that does not stick (on Eclair) so it needs to be reapplied after a reboot.
This info has been garnered via a lot of reading I do not claim to be a Preferred Network Type expert
I appreciate the answer iknow you guys hereare amazing

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk
Old 08-07-2010, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Sprint football app working...used the football app from what OMJ gave us (separate of the rom) loaded and then it prompted for an update...ok the update and let it load...make sure wifi is off and 4g is off.. Put in airplane mode and then turn airplane mode back off..now launch the NFL app and you should be good to go..
I just installed and launched it. It prompted me for an update, which I accepted, and it worked fine from there. No airplane mode, turning 4G off, etc. It just worked.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Yeah I'm having the same issue with the phone button. If you find something do share.
will do. I like the Original Launcher better than Sense. Sense does have a lot more Widgets but I guess you have to give some to get sum...
Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
anyone get the *#*#4636#*#* working on this rom. tried installing sprint pomotions and nothing !!!

also i cant get sprint football app to wrk ! any help would be great !!
Mine works just fine.. I just Installed it now and no problem. It immediately did an update and woolaa.. Works.. Make sure you are using the FROYO apk version that OMJ has posted on Post #1.

I'm running:
FROYO 2.2
Kernel 2.6.29-Netarchy 3.7.8b Evil #9
Build 3.26.651.6
ROM 3.26.651.6 OMJ_Evo_2.2_Foryo_v2.1
PRI 1.34_003
PRL 60669
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
Thanks for always being on top of ur game !!
now what to do about football app ?? season is around the corner !!
Worked for me, no problems at all. Look at my previous post.

I did have to do a Data Wipe about 2 days ago cuz I was having lots of issues with the Camera. So I took the plunge and wiped everything clean and started from scratch... Sumtime you gonna have to make the hard choices...

BTW... I like App Brain App Market. Install it now and sync to your account. That will save all your Apps online. Then when you do a data wipe you can install App Brain App Market on your phone and install your apps from remote (your desktop will send the app to the phone) I LOVE IT... The only problem would be when the Market isn't in sync (Data issues) and the App can't be found on the market. Then the actual .APK backup file would be the best.. Nevertheless, 95% of my apps got restored via AppBrain App Market 2 days ago.. AWESOME App. =D>
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Sprint football app working...used the football app from what OMJ gave us (separate of the rom) loaded and then it prompted for an update...ok the update and let it load...make sure wifi is off and 4g is off.. Put in airplane mode and then turn airplane mode back off..now launch the NFL app and you should be good to go..
Mine is working also.. I didn't have to do all those things you did but I already had 4g off (no 4g in my area) and I also had WiFi off. but the airplane on/off I didn't do.. Mine just worked. And I had same thing as you. Once I installed it I got prompted to update. Updated and everything worked.

GO DOLPHINS...

Old 08-07-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch Pro

bigdaddie is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I'm having a issue with the location services on the newer builds. Namely, the weather location. I tried a build dated 7/26 and the location services work fine. Anything after that though, and the location shows up as a city 130 miles away from me. My other 2 EVOs are non rooted and work fine with the update. I also tried the Sprint lovers ROM and the location is not working with it either.

When I pull up Maps, it also initially shows me 130mi from my current location until the GPS gets a good fix.
This happens with all the current ROMS unless I go back to a version like 1.9. I even wiped all the data from the phone and did a clean install. Same result. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the phone being Rooted. Sprint is sending me a new phone. We'll see if that fixes it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the combination of my location and Root.... Driving me crazy though.

BD
Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

So has anyone else been experiencing poor speed with the deodexed ROM and is OMJ packaging the Radio and WiMax in the latest ROM or does that still require a seperate install
Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
So has anyone else been experiencing poor speed with the deodexed ROM and is OMJ packaging the Radio and WiMax in the latest ROM or does that still require a seperate install

No speed issues for me. Yes, you have to install the radios separately if you haven't previously updated them (see bottom of post 1: "If you haven't already flashed the latest radios, you will need to do so".) Once you install them they "stick" so no need to flash them again if you should change/upgrade roms.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Define "poor speed".
I get 36-37mflops with linpack on the stock kernel.
It's a measure of CPU processing speed.
Eclair was around 6-7mflops.
I've seen as high as 40 with a modded kernel.

I just got 1.29 Mbps on a Download speed test. (3G)
So my answer would be no.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development