PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Right, when I was running 2.1 it was there for me as well. Now on 2.2 it's not working. It's turned on in settings/language & Keyboard/Touch Input Settings/Voice Input/Show Voice Button. It is set to "For English", but the keyboard still shows the grayed out En button.
Sorry, I meant 2.2 v2.1. Last posted edited.
C'mon Man! You know I'm on the latest and the greatest
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
hahaha told you Ken, since i found the issue
I have a possibly/slightly different problem with *2. Which BTW I didn't even know that service existed on these phones.. Thanks for the info.

Back to my issue. The *2 loads up just fine, it does the My connection test and I get 2 green circles. All the icons works (route me to browser) EXCEPT the update profile. I get a FC on that one.

msg is "The application Sprint Zone (Process com.sprint.dsa) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have the latest promo.apk file but I'm still getting that FC.

If it doesn't interfere with anything else, then I could care less cuz I use sprint zone icon to check my bill/acct.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I have a possibly/slightly different problem with *2. Which BTW I didn't even know that service existed on these phones.. Thanks for the info.

Back to my issue. The *2 loads up just fine, it does the My connection test and I get 2 green circles. All the icons works (route me to browser) EXCEPT the update profile. I get a FC on that one.

msg is "The application Sprint Zone (Process com.sprint.dsa) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have the latest promo.apk file but I'm still getting that FC.

If it doesn't interfere with anything else, then I could care less cuz I use sprint zone icon to check my bill/acct.
As long as you can update under Menu/Settings/System Udates
I wouldnt sweat it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Something to think about when you're cooking tonight OMJ, someone over at xda found the stock froyo launcher apk. HTC left it out in the froyo update the jerks:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745929
I installed the stock froyo launcher. Didnt' seem like any issues other than all screens blank. Well the inet button works and the app button works. The left (phone) button once pressed says "Application is not installed on your phone"

Are those buttons editable like in launcherpro or ADW?

I'm gonna try to reboot and see what happens. I like that launcher better than Sense..

EDIT: No different on the reboot. Phone Icon still doesn't work.

Last edited by richarc93; 08-07-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
As long as you can update under Menu/Settings/System Udates
I wouldnt sweat it.
Yep... That's what I figured. I can update just fine via menu/settings.. The *2 is a neat feature (sorta..)
Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

ill give it a whirl
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I installed the stock froyo launcher. Didnt' seem like any issues other than all screens blank. Well the inet button works and the app button works. The left (phone) button once pressed says "Application is not installed on your phone"

Are those buttons editable like in launcherpro or ADW?

I'm gonna try to reboot and see what happens. I like that launcher better than Sense..
Yeah I'm having the same issue with the phone button. If you find something do share.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well, maybe this will come down to leaving the setting to true, and let the user change if need

thx for testing

lol, hold the phone sparky....nothing like alittle pressure, lol

1st, Sprint/HTC said the update would be the week of 8/1, it may not happen tomorrow.

when it does come, I cannot pull the OTA from the air & do anything w/ it....the update.zip is needed or preferably the actual RUU. If a RUU appears, I can cook right away. If it's a similar update.zip that was pre-released, then I have to wait for someone like Netarchy to convert to a full ROM, as the update was only patching....I was having trouble working w/ the pre-release update, until netarchy converted to a rooted ROM.

but then again, I'll have to look at the files to determine what is needed....but need that file 1st

Loving this ROM.
Using OMJ's w/ non-deodexed rom and Netarchy's 3.7.6c custom Kernel.
I am considering playing with the native Froyo Launcher.
Not sure but it seems like this thread has a more organized feel for it than anything on XDA relative to this, our Evo 4g beast.
I can say that of all the cookers, I get a lot more value from OMJ ROMS than other chefs as he corrects and kindly informs all of us "Sparkies" what he is going to do with humility and intelligence and gets fixes out real quickly without getting paid a red cent.
What more can you ask for?
The EVO 4g right now in my opinion is the best smart phone out there hands down.
A little weary about new HTC coming out in 2011 with a slide out keyboard and supposedly 1.2GHZ dual core processor but that's another thread. Have to chalk up that bad boy to Moore's law.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/07/htcs-dual-mode-cdma-gsm-android-slider-with-1-2ghz-cpu-headed/

I didn't get 3d TV, so I don't adopt new devices quickly, and I am holding on to my EVO for at least until my contract is up, then maybe I'll jump into another deal. It will have to have features a lot better that the EVO.
As usual by that time, gingerbread and beyond will be around and OMJ's latest and greatest meal.
OMJ, thanks dude!!

Last edited by rlmurray; 08-07-2010 at 09:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

drl123 is just getting started

I had the same problem. Mic disappeared when flashed from 1.8 to 2.1 without wiping. Reflashed with wipe and it came back.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

anyone get the *#*#4636#*#* working on this rom. tried installing sprint pomotions and nothing !!!

also i cant get sprint football app to wrk ! any help would be great !!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development