PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Turbopowr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Great ROM OMJ! I've been using your ROM's since I had my Touch Diamond.

Anyway, a little off-topic but I've been picking up 4G here in Orlando for almost a week now. I live in downtown and have gotten a signal up and down Colonial, and I work down by the Florida mall and am also picking up a signal (full bars over by Sandlake and OBT. I was able to get 9mb down during a speedtest and consistantly get 3-5mbps in my office with only 1 bar.

I know you live nearby in Leesburg, so I was wondering if you had gotten to play around with 4G yet.

Cheers

Hector
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
So in my effort to restore 4G I have restored my original NAND that was made when rooting my phone in the beginning of June. Ok so my 4G works, now my only problem is getting back to Froyo while retaining 4G. I currently have a rooted stock rom. I would think that I simply have to copy Rom1 v1.7 to my sdcard then go to bootloader and flash then flash Froyo. When i enter bootloader Rom1 loads and after the bar on the right side of screen fills it just says checking for about 10secs then returns to main bootloader screen.... Also I removed a update.zip recovery helper from my sdcard now when i boot into recovery it still asks for it ( but it is not available because i deleted it... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The ROM files not updating means one of two things. Either there's nothing to update since you have all the files already or you don't have a complete download. I'll assume the files are ones you used previously so it's most likely the former.
Try to reflash the Froyo ROM, radio, and wimax and see if 4G sticks.

EDIT:IF your Nand is from a version pre-v1.7 then you should flash ROM1.
After editing my post I realized I left sometihing out so I decided to Bump it up.

Another reason you could see that issue is if you are not Nand unlocked. Check your hboot version.
Power off the phone. Boot into bootloader by holding Down Vol while you power on. At the top of the screen is your hboot. It needs to be .76.2 for the v1.7 ROM1 files to work.

As OMJ said (thanks TRE) you DO need to flash v1.7 ROM1 if you havent, prior to Froyo.
(whitslacks ROM from XDA would get you the correct files too)

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-09-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

ok guys i installed new kerenl and now my pc dont find my wifi tether !! what can i do to fix this issue ??
Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
ok guys i installed new kerenl and now my pc dont find my wifi tether !! what can i do to fix this issue ??
Pre7 works on the stock kernel but won't work on the kernel Pre6 worked for me.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Pre7 works on the stock kernel but won't work on the kernel Pre6 worked for me.

thanks !! working like a champ !!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (Sprint)
Carrier: sprint

ryudo311 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post

Thank you so much this worked
Old 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

On been outta loop for a while why is there a caped version? and is it it sending apps to sd or do i need to use app2sd
hows the new 2.2 froyo build working any glitches i need know
and is a build coming the includes new radios
and if not am i renaming zips to pc36 or just flashing zips

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 08-09-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
On been outta loop for a while why is there a caped version? and is it it sending apps to sd or do i need to use app2sd
hows the new 2.2 froyo build working any glitches i need know
and is a build coming the includes new radios
and if not am i renaming zips to pc36 or just flashing zips
If you are pre 1.7 you need to flash that pc36, then after that you just flash the zip. Make sure you wipe data and both caches. Then you have to flash the new wimax to get 4g.

you dont need apps2sd to move the files over there is a nice program that will search your apps then move them over for you. Ill post it. Search the market for SDMove or Click here.

Glitches are that it could become a little buggy or sluggish after you flash...but if you go into recovery and wipe cache and davlik it will beome stable again. No need to wipe data after you flash froyo.

Last edited by TREmp77; 08-09-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ockavano is a n00b

So I updated to the PPC 2.2 ROM and radios, but the youtube now is choppy and blacks out all the time. Is this normal? Then I tested and wiped the data and Delvik cashe...re-flashed the 2.1 color theme and tried the same videos in the same location and they played perfect. I must be missing something in the upgrade process or something else?? Sprint TV behaves the same way. My system reads
baseband 2.15..
Kernel ver 2.6.29...3.7.8
build number 3.26.651.6..
Software number 3.26.651.6 OMJ_EVO2.2_Froyo_v2.1
PRI Ver 1.34_003
PRL Ver 60669
Old 08-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockavano View Post
So I updated to the PPC 2.2 ROM and radios, but the youtube now is choppy and blacks out all the time. Is this normal? Then I tested and wiped the data and Delvik cashe...re-flashed the 2.1 color theme and tried the same videos in the same location and they played perfect. I must be missing something in the upgrade process or something else?? Sprint TV behaves the same way. My system reads
baseband 2.15..
Kernel ver 2.6.29...3.7.8
build number 3.26.651.6..
Software number 3.26.651.6 OMJ_EVO2.2_Froyo_v2.1
PRI Ver 1.34_003
PRL Ver 60669
If I am reading this right...based on your specs....you're running Froyo.

First question...the only "color theme" that OMJ has posted is for Eclair. So, if you flashed that...wrong OS and ROM.

My suggestion is to go into recovery and wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvic-cache. In fact, I might suggest doing all 3 twice (yes, probably overkill).

Then pick either of the bottom two ROMs on Post 1 (don't use anything from Post 2). If you're thinking of applying a theme I would go for the last ROM listed on Post 1.

Now check back with us afterward and someone more knowledgeable (like iknowsquat) will help you further if you still are having issues.

Last edited by Vegasden; 08-09-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: mhhh

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development