PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
What's OCing or and OC program. I'm getting all types of lag at times with this new ROM
It was some dumb show on MTV.....

Actually it stands for OverClocking. Getting the CPU to run faster than manufacturer specs. The Evo has a 1Ghz processor that has been taken as high as 1.26 I believe. The drawback is instability at the upper ranges but staying away from the absolute edge has proven stable. Overclocking while speeding up the system will also chew up your battery. That's where Underclocking comes in.
The OC widget does OVER and UNDERclocking. You can set the CPU to slow down a bit when the device is off, which saves battery.
Custom kernels are made to do this as well, sometimes without the need for the widget.
The current OC widget has not been Froyoized to my knowledge and is causing some issues for some users.
Hope that helps. Somebody jump in if I missed something.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO w/OMJ
Carrier: Can I get Boost Mobile with EVO?

brybo86 is a n00b

So in my effort to restore 4G I have restored my original NAND that was made when rooting my phone in the beginning of June. Ok so my 4G works, now my only problem is getting back to Froyo while retaining 4G. I currently have a rooted stock rom. I would think that I simply have to copy Rom1 v1.7 to my sdcard then go to bootloader and flash then flash Froyo. When i enter bootloader Rom1 loads and after the bar on the right side of screen fills it just says checking for about 10secs then returns to main bootloader screen.... Also I removed a update.zip recovery helper from my sdcard now when i boot into recovery it still asks for it ( but it is not available because i deleted it... )
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

wheelsun is a n00b

im unable to get into the menu part of this screen after inputting *#*#4636#*#* using this rom, any help appreciated

xda thread for more info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=tws

Last edited by wheelsun; 08-09-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

OMJ all I can say is great job. I don't know where all the issue's come from that people are having? This rom has been doing great for me since you have tweaked it alittle more and my theme is the Alloysius 2.2 theme. Everything has been working smooth and without lag. Like Darklord said a few pages back people forget that there are "risks" we take flashing new roms and pushing the edge. While new to the android system on my Evo I also have been flashing roms and made a few myself since the ppc6700 days. Keep up the great work OMJ your rom's rock.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
If you go from stock kernel to modded kernel it will SAY its 3MP but it will be set to whatever MP you had before you flashed the kernel.
So just set it to 8MP, flash the kernel and then dont mess with the MP setting. If you need to change it for some reason or just dont like the modded kernel you can always just flash the stock kernel back. It's posted in netarchy's thread (and this one)

EDIT: The kernel will uncap your fps-you should see something @50-55fps vs the stock limit of 30.
It will make the whole system quicker, my mflops went up to about 40 from 37.
Keep in mind it is an older leaked kernel, not the source for Froyo so all benefits have not been maximized.
As with any mod you may see benefits, you may not. Like I said above, if you dont think it works for you you can just flash the stock one back.
Iknowsquat = iknowadamnlot...
U da man dude...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
yes battery on both devices doing 30% better then the last 2 days !!
now that kernel, does it still cap camara at 3mp ?? and do u suggest me giving it a try ?? what all will it do for me ??
The Cap is more of an "Optical Illussion" as long as you have the camera set at 8mp before you flash netachy's latest 3.7.8b kernel - here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

What I did (and the phone is running great). I flashed OMJs v2.1 deodexed (which includes stock kernel). I tested everything: camera, phone, apps, installed my old apps, etc, etc... Once I made sure the phone was the way I wanted it. I made sure (double checked) the camera was set at 8mp and camcorder set at 720p. Then I flashed netarchy's kernel. Everything has been working great since. The kernel is a MOD to the OS. It improves performance, i.e., battery, cpu speed, etc...

If everything goes well (im sure it will ) You will notice a HUGE difference in the way the phone operates.. GO for it..

Good luck
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
So in my effort to restore 4G I have restored my original NAND that was made when rooting my phone in the beginning of June. Ok so my 4G works, now my only problem is getting back to Froyo while retaining 4G. I currently have a rooted stock rom. I would think that I simply have to copy Rom1 v1.7 to my sdcard then go to bootloader and flash then flash Froyo. When i enter bootloader Rom1 loads and after the bar on the right side of screen fills it just says checking for about 10secs then returns to main bootloader screen.... Also I removed a update.zip recovery helper from my sdcard now when i boot into recovery it still asks for it ( but it is not available because i deleted it... )
The ROM files not updating means one of two things. Either there's nothing to update since you have all the files already or you don't have a complete download. I'll assume the files are ones you used previously so it's most likely the former.
Try to reflash the Froyo ROM, radio, and wimax and see if 4G sticks.

EDIT:IF your Nand is from a version pre-v1.7 then you should flash ROM1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsun View Post
im unable to get into the menu part of this screen after inputting *#*#4636#*#* using this rom, any help appreciated

xda thread for more info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=tws
Those codes don't work on Froyo yet. As I've posted before download Network from the Market to achieve what that code does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Iknowsquat = iknowadamnlot...
U da man dude...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Thanks Bro. Just paying it forward.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-09-2010 at 02:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
It was some dumb show on MTV.....

Actually it stands for OverClocking. Getting the CPU to run faster than manufacturer specs. The Evo has a 1Ghz processor that has been taken as high as 1.26 I believe. The drawback is instability at the upper ranges but staying away from the absolute edge has proven stable. Overclocking while speeding up the system will also chew up your battery. That's where Underclocking comes in.
The OC widget does OVER and UNDERclocking. You can set the CPU to slow down a bit when the device is off, which saves battery.
Custom kernels are made to do this as well, sometimes without the need for the widget.
The current OC widget has not been Froyoized to my knowledge and is causing some issues for some users.
Hope that helps. Somebody jump in if I missed something.
The OC was on FOX I think not MTV... It was like a new take on melrose place or something...

Yes, OC = Over Clock. I can't wait for netarchy to get the new kernel out with the official Froyo code. It will
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

yaaah_hoo is just getting started

I went from OMJ version 1.5 to version 2.1 but I never flash v1.7. Does anybody know if this will create a problem for me later on? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaah_hoo View Post
I went from OMJ version 1.5 to version 2.1 but I never flash v1.7. Does anybody know if this will create a problem for me later on? Thanks.
No, not at all. So long as u flashed radio n wimax with the new Rom u r good to go.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development