PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blckout99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Anyone else experiencing a Visual Voicemail issue ? I have the Sprint Promotion.apk installed. It was the only solution I saw on this thread. I have never had a VM issue, even with OMJ's 08-05 Rom, only since I updated to Deodexed 08-13. "Voicemail didn't download". Any ideas ?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Another way (for the phone shy) was posted at XDA.:
thx...I need to test....

btw, just noticed this....lol

Pocket PC: EvOMJ
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PC36100
Carrier: sprint

al_asad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Flash OMJ's 1.7 (I think that's the one at least- the one that has the radio and wimax included). Your 4G should work after that, then you can flash whatever (make sure you flash the latest radio and wimax if you go to a froyo ROM).

Thanks for the tip Saltydawg but i already have the newest radio and wimax installed and still no joy.

I am going to try flashing a rooted stock froyo and see if that works, in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions i will be happy to take them under advisement!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

screamin69 is a n00b

If I flash this will I still be able to use swype with it?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Riptide's V5 should be up in a few minutes. Not sure of all the changes except that he has the latest gmail in it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=727117
It's up and looks great as always. Yes, gmail is updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout99 View Post
Anyone else experiencing a Visual Voicemail issue ? I have the Sprint Promotion.apk installed. It was the only solution I saw on this thread. I have never had a VM issue, even with OMJ's 08-05 Rom, only since I updated to Deodexed 08-13. "Voicemail didn't download". Any ideas ?
How often is it happening? Sounds like a network issue. I've seen it once before and it has happened on my wife's Moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_asad View Post
Thanks for the tip Saltydawg but i already have the newest radio and wimax installed and still no joy.

I am going to try flashing a rooted stock froyo and see if that works, in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions i will be happy to take them under advisement!
Ol' Salt still may be onto something.
How/when did you root/what software were you on when you rooted?
It's possible you didnt get all the firmware updates from the 1.47 OTA (last one pre-froyo). OMJ's 2.1 v1.7 ROM1 would take care of that.

Did you verify you have the correct wimax? Type
wimax_mtd
in adb shell and look at your version, latest is 26023.

4G works on this ROM-I dont have it but it's been confirmed. Are your issues since rooting or just with OMJ?

Hey Kernel Krazies-

kingklick's #6 gave me the same performance as netarchy's but with better battery life. He's now up to #7.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754128

BUT....
netarchy has been hard at work-big surprise-and is how featuring HAVS (battery saver-read about it in kingklicks thread) and has released 4.1.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

netarchy vs kingklick---FIGHT!!!
LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
How/when did you root/what software were you on when you rooted? It's possible you didnt get all the firmware updates from the 1.47 OTA (last one pre-froyo). OMJ's 2.1 v1.7 ROM1 would take care of that.
Oh man when I went from scratch and rerooted everything I didn't load V1.7, I went right to V3.0. Thanks as I missed this so I will get on the flash train.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_asad View Post

So just flash that ROM (1.7 or whatever one had the radio and wimax) and see if your 4G works. If it does then you can look at flashing other ROMs. If it doesn't, then there are other issues...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Hey OMJ, anyway you can make another version of 3.0 BUT, stock kernel? please.
Sprint 4g speed:

Last edited by brol1k; 08-17-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
You can just flash the stock kernel over the ROM. It's posted in this thread as well as netarchys. that I posted earlier. I'm mobile or I'd post the file directly.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
here's the stock kernel...

download
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development