PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Wow, a huge thanks you OMJ and everyone who has helped out working some of the bugs out. I flashed this while i was at work today since I have 4G in the Bronx, and am currently wireless tethering using 4G. This is the first custom ROM tha i flashed. I originally had the rooted deodexed stock ROM after rooting. I was unable to tether on the rooted stock ROM. I was also pleased to see that my background, apps and settings did not get erased.

Thanks guys. This ROM is super fast so far.

I am gonna hit the thanks button once I'm done posting this.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:48 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
@All-OMJ wanted me to let everyone know he has begun his move so he will be MIA for a bit.
Thanks for keeping us informed bro!! He give ya any idea on when he would be back on?

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Thanks for keeping us informed bro!! He give ya any idea on when he would be back on?
No prob.
He got to his new home last night so obviously he still has a lot to do.
No time frame given but he is thinking about ROM stuff. Told me he was aware of the data.img issue and is considering options.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:56 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

What issue is that? Apparently I'm not aware of it....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
What issue is that? Apparently I'm not aware of it....
Well turns out if you do the data.img restore OMJ posted on Post #3 it isnt the quick and easy way to restore your data and settings like we thought it was. At least in OMJ.
In OMJ's ROM's he uses the data partition for his "custom" apps.
Problem with that is when you do the data restore the old data overwrites the new thus wiping out his updated/newly included apps.
It's kinda like doing a full nand restore apps-wise, you're back on the old ones.
An easy solution could be for OMJ to put all his apps in /system/app.
This way you'd flash the ROM with a blank data partition and could put all your apps back into /data/app.
I would *guess* that would result in you having two versions of the same app. For example if you had wifi tether 7 on your nand data partition and OMJ released a new ROM with wifi tether 8 then when you did your restore you'd have 7 in data/app and 8 from OMJ in /system/app.
Not a big issue IMO.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-05-2010 at 12:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2/iPhone/Tour
Carrier: Sprint/ATT

brisk is a n00b

ok...so i have the ROM with the previous build and when i am using wifi tether, it keeps on disconnecting me after 5 minutes or so and i have to stop the tether and start it again and reconnect my laptop to it again...

does the new ROM fix this issue or can I fix it with the current ROM that i have?

thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk View Post
ok...so i have the ROM with the previous build and when i am using wifi tether, it keeps on disconnecting me after 5 minutes or so and i have to stop the tether and start it again and reconnect my laptop to it again...

does the new ROM fix this issue or can I fix it with the current ROM that i have?

thanks in advance.
Doesn't sound like a ROM problem, more likely the app. I have heard of that issue with wireless tether.
You could try uninstalling/reinstalling the app, jump to the new ROM or just try the wireless tether version installed with the new ROM:
wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre8.apk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G | Blackberry Torch
Carrier: Sprint | AT&T

Phone_Tank is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk View Post

thanks in advance.
I was having the same issues, try changing to a different wireless channel and see if that helps (seemed to have worked for me). I used the Wifi Analyzer app to see which was the best channel for my location then updated the Wifi Tether App and everything seems to be working fine...
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

kyler911 is just getting started

Hey OMJ you need to step it up Avalanchemods has an HD rom. You need to one up them and go 3D.......LOL

Just kidding your roms are awesome
Keep up the good work

Last edited by kyler911; 09-06-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

Im loving this ROM..... Thanks OMJ

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development