PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to frazy
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

sorry guys i have been mia for a while so haven't kept up to date with anything. so i noticed on this version of the rom, it says 2.2 firmware.... does that mean you have to do the 2.2 update and then root, and then flash the newest rom... because here is all my info about my phone.

Firmware - 2.1-update1
Baseband - 1.36.00.04.02
Kernel Version - 2.6.29-ac94cf60
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number - 1.17.651.1 CL160858 test-keys
Software Version - 1.17.651.1
Browser - Webkit 3.1
PRI Version - 1.34_003

can someone lead me to the right direction? and do i need to manually update wimax and radio or is that included in the newest rom?

sorry for the nooby questions... just help a brotha out
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started

hey guys. anyone else having problems installing google maps? I had it prior to flash, and noticed it wasn't in my apps a couple of days after I flashed. The marketplace will not let me install it. It gives me an install unsuccessful message, and sometimes an "unknown reason -8" message. I tried wiping davlik again, and tried deleting the maps.apk. I tried unmounting the SD card also, but nothing has worked so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazy View Post
sorry guys i have been mia for a while so haven't kept up to date with anything. so i noticed on this version of the rom, it says 2.2 firmware.... does that mean you have to do the 2.2 update and then root, and then flash the newest rom... because here is all my info about my phone.

Firmware - 2.1-update1
Baseband - 1.36.00.04.02
Kernel Version - 2.6.29-ac94cf60
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number - 1.17.651.1 CL160858 test-keys
Software Version - 1.17.651.1
Browser - Webkit 3.1
PRI Version - 1.34_003

can someone lead me to the right direction? and do i need to manually update wimax and radio or is that included in the newest rom?

sorry for the nooby questions... just help a brotha out
Once you have root you never want to do any official OTA updates. If one is released then just wait for a rooted version to appear.
Based on your build # I assume you rooted and then stopped? Or if you tried any custom ROMs you went back to that ROM? The 1.17 OS is what we get knocked back to during the root process. I only mention it because I'm surprised that you've been running that for any length of time without issues.
You have a few flashes ahead of you to get up to speed.
First you want to flash OMJ v1.7 ROM1.
http://vegasden.net/OMJ/ROMs/PC36IMG.zip
It comes in the PC36IMG file form so you just put it on your card as is and boot into bootloader (Power off, then on while holding Volume down). The file will be read automatically.
Once that is completed you will want to continue onto OMJ's latest ROM from Post #1 as well as the radio and wimax upgrades.
Put all the files on your card and flash in this order
ROM/radio/wimax.
After that is all done you should be Froyoized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garapyuto View Post
hey guys. anyone else having problems installing google maps? I had it prior to flash, and noticed it wasn't in my apps a couple of days after I flashed. The marketplace will not let me install it. It gives me an install unsuccessful message, and sometimes an "unknown reason -8" message. I tried wiping davlik again, and tried deleting the maps.apk. I tried unmounting the SD card also, but nothing has worked so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Is that the only app you cant download?
Try going to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All and find Market.
Select that and Clear data and cache.
You will have to re-accept the licensing agreement but that may take care of it for you.
That worked for me when I've had other issues with the Market.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for the suggestions IKS. It's the only app so far that I can't download from the market. I didn't think of that, BUT no luck. Still can't install this darn app from the market or the APK. Well, if anyone else can give me something to try, I would appreciate it.

IKS, do you think this would work? I found this searching google here

** Make sure android sdk is installed properly - How To: adb for Windows the Easy Way
** Make sure phone has USB debugging on.

Plug phone to USB
Open command prompt
Type this (DO NOT TYPE adb shell unless noted):

adb kill-server
adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

If you get a not found error after you type the first one in, then the sdk/tools is not in the windows path correctly. Double check the sdk and that the path is correct.

You should now be able to install Maps from the Market.

Last edited by garapyuto; 09-06-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: addendum
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by garapyuto View Post
Thanks for the suggestions IKS. It's the only app so far that I can't download from the market. I didn't think of that, BUT no luck. Still can't install this darn app from the market or the APK. Well, if anyone else can give me something to try, I would appreciate it.

IKS, do you think this would work? I found this searching google here

** Make sure android sdk is installed properly - How To: adb for Windows the Easy Way
** Make sure phone has USB debugging on.

Plug phone to USB
Open command prompt
Type this (DO NOT TYPE adb shell unless noted):

adb kill-server
adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

If you get a not found error after you type the first one in, then the sdk/tools is not in the windows path correctly. Double check the sdk and that the path is correct.

You should now be able to install Maps from the Market.
Definitely worth a shot. That should remove/uninstall the app. Even though it looks like it's not installed, there could be some remnants lying around I 'spose.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Hey guys, just wanted to say let's hit the thanks button a few times for Squat! I mean he is coming in and answering and helping out everyone and not getting thanked that much. I just hit up a bunch of his posts! It's the least we can do because without guys like him, this site and thread would not be be as good! Let's show some appreciation. Also, please don't thank me, thank his posts, Please!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to say let's hit the thanks button a few times for Squat! I mean he is coming in and answering and helping out everyone and not getting thanked that much. I just hit up a bunch of his posts! It's the least we can do because without guys like him, this site and thread would not be be as good! Let's show some appreciation. Also, please don't thank me, thank his posts, Please!
Im agree
Old 09-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Excuse me IKNO at the end wich kernel are you ussing and how is going
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Excuse me IKNO at the end wich kernel are you ussing and how is going
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

king's bfs #8 is the best kernel I've tried.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I hope you don't think we're ungrateful IKS. I have been following this thread for a while before posting, and have seen how much help you've been offering. I hit the thanks button anyways, but your work and help really is appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development