PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
here's the stock kernel...

download
thanks OMJ, and I would flash this like I would a rom thru rom manager? I have to wipe cache/dalvik?
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
thanks OMJ, and I would flash this like I would a rom thru rom manager? I have to wipe cache/dalvik?
Yes, flash like a ROM. I always just flash it (as per netarchy's instructions) he says IF you run into issues then reflash after wiping cache and Dalvik.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
It's up and looks great as always. Yes, gmail is updated.

How often is it happening? Sounds like a network issue. I've seen it once before and it has happened on my wife's Moment.

Ol' Salt still may be onto something.
How/when did you root/what software were you on when you rooted?
It's possible you didnt get all the firmware updates from the 1.47 OTA (last one pre-froyo). OMJ's 2.1 v1.7 ROM1 would take care of that.

Did you verify you have the correct wimax? Type
wimax_mtd
in adb shell and look at your version, latest is 26023.

4G works on this ROM-I dont have it but it's been confirmed. Are your issues since rooting or just with OMJ?

Hey Kernel Krazies-

kingklick's #6 gave me the same performance as netarchy's but with better battery life. He's now up to #7.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754128

BUT....
netarchy has been hard at work-big surprise-and is how featuring HAVS (battery saver-read about it in kingklicks thread) and has released 4.1.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

netarchy vs kingklick---FIGHT!!!
LOL
I've been using netarchy's kernels for a while now.. Would you recommend I stick with netarchy or go try kingklick's? If I go kingklicks will I have to do a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)
Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I got 4g in Downtown Miami... I'm freaking excited Check out my nice 4g Icon on top..

And I also got a second bar... Just by moving a few feet East in my office.. And check out the Speed Test.. AWESOME... Can anyone else with 4g Tell me if this is a decent speed test?? It's the FIRST for me..

Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I've been using netarchy's kernels for a while now.. Would you recommend I stick with netarchy or go try kingklick's? If I go kingklicks will I have to do a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)
Thanks
Too early to tell Bro. kingklick's is strong but I have to try out netarchy now that he added HAVS.
Congrats on the 4G, send it up to Tampa plz!!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm sorry for this noob question but I can't find anything conclusive on how to change the lockscreen name from default "Sprint" to my name or whatever I want... See my pic... Sorry for bringing this unrelated question up...

Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Too early to tell Bro. kingklick's is strong but I have to try out netarchy now that he added HAVS.
Congrats on the 4G, send it up to Tampa plz!!!!!
I'll stick with netarchy then... Ur the rogue tester so I'm sure you've tested both by now... .... I'll read between the lines and stick with Netarchy

4g is AWESOME... Sucks that I can only access it in a corner of my office building downtown... It does FLY... I was amazed how fast the speed test was with only 2 bars..
Old 08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm sorry for this noob question but I can't find anything conclusive on how to change the lockscreen name from default "Sprint" to my name or whatever I want... See my pic... Sorry for bringing this unrelated question up...
I just did this today...Here is the link

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Random question but say I wanted to update the 3.0 zip file with the latest netarchy kernel.

Could I simply unzip the kernel file, copy the files into the appropriate directories of the OMJ zip file, re-zip and re-sign and it would be good to flash?

I know I can place all the files into their respective directories, but that still leaves the toastmod.img that's in the root of the netarchy zip file and I don't know if that MUST be placed somewhere, MUST be installed by flashing, or is just there to help the flashing process place the other files in their correct directories and is really not a needed file if I copied all the rest of the files.

I don't know if I even explained that properly. Haha.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I'll stick with netarchy then... Ur the rogue tester so I'm sure you've tested both by now... .... I'll read between the lines and stick with Netarchy
Who you kidding with ? We all know it's really

There was nothing to read between the lines, I haven't tried netarchy's latest...yet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development