PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: iusacell

xeagle24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

hello e.o, i recently switch from motodroid to htc evo, and i made the automatic update to the phone at 3.26.651.6 and i cant root it now, so can somebody tell me were can i find some tutorial or something to do it? thanx good nigth.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ryeguy8585 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You missed my reply to your post (and my posts on it before yours too).
Nope didn't miss it, was hoping someone knows why.. and can offer a fix. I would like to be able to charge my phone with any old cable or charger I got lying around. Like I could before.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
thanks iknowsquat

yea i did notice when i removed the sd card the phone would boot up and last longer before crashing and restarting. well i am going to give it another try this time reformating the sd card? which version of the rom should i try? Odexed or Deodexed? what ever will help keep my phone more stable
Deodexed ROMs supposedly can have stability issues but I have not had asingle issue with any of OMJs deodexed ROMs. IMO you're safe to go with either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeagle24 View Post
hello e.o, i recently switch from motodroid to htc evo, and i made the automatic update to the phone at 3.26.651.6 and i cant root it now, so can somebody tell me were can i find some tutorial or something to do it? thanx good nigth.
There is no root method for Froyo yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy8585 View Post
Nope didn't miss it, was hoping someone knows why.. and can offer a fix. I would like to be able to charge my phone with any old cable or charger I got lying around. Like I could before.
Does your USB not work at all? Or only with the stock cord. Not all third party products are created equal. IMO (and probably Sprints and HTCs opinions too ) if your OEM charger works then there is no issue to fix.
If your USB won't work at all then read this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695243
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

4g is doing ok at Down Town Miami. Here is another reading I got today using OMJ's ROM v2.1 deodexed running Riptides9 v5, and netarchy's 4.1.2...

VegasDen, I'm gonna try the file attachment this time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4g Speed Test SIGNAL #003.jpg (7.7 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Shootme Then host it on an image site....or you can just do an attachment which makes a smaller picture people can click on if they want to see the entire picture in all it's glory.

I wish ppl would use the attachment feature more...less to scroll through. Especially when someone decides to quote a post that includes the same picture two posts up...lol
I had trouble attaching photos/files from the handset....when I hit browse, never saw a window to select file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
OMJ: Is it me, or is there a problem with the VPN in this version? I was running your previous 2.2 ROM and was pleasantly surprised to find that the PPTP VPN ran great. Now with the latest version I can no longer get the VPN to work.
which previous ROM were u using? maybe the one w/ the stock kernel....you could flash the stock kernel & see if it works...
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Deodexed ROMs supposedly can have stability issues but I have not had asingle issue with any of OMJs deodexed ROMs. IMO you're safe to go with either one.
ok well i tried the deodexed rom and still no luck i wiped everything formatted sd card and nothing still crashing. i hope there is nothing wrong with my phones hardware. when i wipe the devike or what ever its called. i dont see anything writing come up saying that its complete like when i wipe the data and factory.

i am going to try old roms but i dont have the older OMJ roms saved
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ok well i tried the deodexed rom and still no luck i wiped everything formatted sd card and nothing still crashing. i hope there is nothing wrong with my phones hardware. when i wipe the devike or what ever its called. i dont see anything writing come up saying that its complete like when i wipe the data and factory.

i am going to try old roms but i dont have the older OMJ roms saved
What recovery are you using? If you are using Clockwork look for an Advanced option-I believe there is Dalvik wipe in there.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Hey I'm running into an issue with the market place, the apps stay suck on downloading but never installs so I have to go into download folder and install it that way....any help with that?

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
What recovery are you using? If you are using Clockwork look for an Advanced option-I believe there is Dalvik wipe in there.
yes i am using clockwork, and yes i know where it is. i did the dalvik wipe like 4 times. but when i do the wipe it dose not say anything like its being cleared is it supposed to say something? becuse i am thinking that the Dalvik wipe might not be working.

Last edited by xfreak44; 08-18-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
yes i am using clockwork, and yes i know where it is. i did the dalvik wipe like 4 times. but when i do the wipe it dose not say anything like its being cleared is it supposed to say something? becuse i am thinking that the Dalvik wipe might not be working.
I had that issue many versions ago and started using amon RA. Supposedly it's not an issue for the past few Clockwork versions.
Go to ROM manager and flash alternate recovery. Flash amon RA just for the ROM flash, you can always flash Clockwork again later. Use that to wipe and flash. Hope that does it for you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development