PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO w/OMJ
Carrier: Can I get Boost Mobile with EVO?

brybo86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What kernel are people using?

I'm running OMJ's Deodexed v3.1 w/1.40 PRI and have been having issues with kernels. I have tried King's BFS9, CFS8, BFS8, Netarchy's 4.19BFS, 4.18BFS. They seem the run ok immediately after flashing them but within 30 minutes my battery feels like it is ready to fry eggs. The phone gets hot and will hang when trying to perform tasks, it will sometimes complete them if i give it a minute or so but sometimes the only fix it is to reboot(which can usually be done without pulling the battery) I am currently flashing netarchy's 4.18 cfs and will let you know how it goes. I am not using setcpu in any way and have uninstalled it completely. Is it possible that these kernels are not compatible with OMJ? What is the best stable kernel for OMJ v3.1? Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

We're getting some 4G action here in Minneapolis, MN now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20100915_125758.jpg (7.5 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

where can I get the new kernal?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO w/OMJ
Carrier: Can I get Boost Mobile with EVO?

brybo86 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
where can I get the new kernal?
Kings here KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #8/#9

netarchy here [GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.8, Beta: 4.1.9.1 w/HAVS - xda-developers
Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: What kernel are people using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
I'm running OMJ's Deodexed v3.1 w/1.40 PRI and have been having issues with kernels. I have tried King's BFS9, CFS8, BFS8, Netarchy's 4.19BFS, 4.18BFS. They seem the run ok immediately after flashing them but within 30 minutes my battery feels like it is ready to fry eggs. The phone gets hot and will hang when trying to perform tasks, it will sometimes complete them if i give it a minute or so but sometimes the only fix it is to reboot(which can usually be done without pulling the battery) I am currently flashing netarchy's 4.18 cfs and will let you know how it goes. I am not using setcpu in any way and have uninstalled it completely. Is it possible that these kernels are not compatible with OMJ? What is the best stable kernel for OMJ v3.1? Thanks
im on OMJ Deo 3.1 using king #9 with no issues

from what i know both versions on king 8 lag
bfs #6 is sold you can give that one a try

and make sure you wipe before you flash kernel when going from king to netarchys kernel

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

This may be old news but its the first time I seen it and found it quite hilarious. EVO vs Iphone 4

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Warning, contains language.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Need a little help. Had 3.1 Deox installed and wanted to update kernal and wiped and installed King #9. After reboot have an endless reboot. So I rewiped and reinstalled King and same thing. Tried 3 more times and same result. I then wiped and reinstalled 3.1 Deox and still in endless reboot. I have tried to wipe and install 3 more times and same results. Any ideas? Thx
Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Need a little help. Had 3.1 Deox installed and wanted to update kernal and wiped and installed King #9. After reboot have an endless reboot. So I rewiped and reinstalled King and same thing. Tried 3 more times and same result. I then wiped and reinstalled 3.1 Deox and still in endless reboot. I have tried to wipe and install 3 more times and same results. Any ideas? Thx

you wiped dalvik to right?
did you try to flash rom then flash kernel then pull battery for like 5 secs
then restart

or try to flash rom
let run to home screen then boot to recovery
wipe then flash kernel

Last edited by Karl; 09-16-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Complete wipe, wasnt sure if I needed to so I did anyway. Flashed the rom but even that now is stuck in an endless reboot. I'll try to flash the ROM again and pull the battery and restart and see what happens.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:48 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
This may be old news but its the first time I seen it and found it quite hilarious. EVO vs Iphone 4

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Warning, contains language.

yeah i posted that like last month they told me it was old and everyone seen it

but it still makes me laugh

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development